The Galactus engine

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Basicly i'd like to see someone, if not myself, create a massive ship capable of harvesting an entire planet within a 30 minute time-frame .

Imagine the scene, you have come across a planet of an enemy faction who has been assualting you for some time now, you just raided a pirate station and have bought the Galactus Engine. Slowly, it appears in the skies above the planet, the players stare up, wondering what the heck that thing blotting out the sun is, then the beams activate and start tearing up the ground around them, also consuming ANY ship in the path of the beams, the little they can do is flee the planet and hope you don't want dessert!

28/06/2013 16:01

I've begun the construction of my Galactus Engine.

Will post images possibly next week, gonna be testing over the weekend.

Reaction score
    In theory you just need a really big circle of non connected pillars of salvage cannons. Put a cockpit exactly in the center, aim down. and bam. then move slightly or just rotate.

And Rotating actually might help too, if you build just a giant line you could position yourself over the center and just mine while rotating.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    it would be really slow and cockpit may be easily be taken out with homing missiles.

Reaction score
    I have a ship with 16 salvage cannons each 60 blocks long. I Will test to see how long it takes to eat a planet and post the results. It would eb great if it worked as wanted, as it has great shields and thrusters. It also has an inner skin of hull coated in hardened hull and hardened wedges. After I do the planet eating test i\'ll find a pirate station and see what kind of abuse it can take.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    = slow and vs my battlecruiser, would be KO\'ed in seconds.

HAIL THE COLONISTS!

Reaction score
    I will have to put the planet destruction testing for now. I went against some pirates to see how much it could take. They did massive damage and i ended up dying when i left the ship to look at the results. Wouldn\'t be a huge issue if the catalog system was working properly for me, but as it isn\'t I can\'t give myself a new copy of it to carry on testing. However you may want to look at this.http://star-made.org/content/acid-planetary-harvester-updated-new-video

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, thats nice. If i build this thing it\'ll have massive turrets and high sheilds, with more then enough firepower to blast open the planet if i can\'t harvest it.

Slow is matter of where you put the engines and how many. I\'ve made borg-cubes 13m in all three axis with 24,000 sheild, 12 lazer-shots each dealing 200 damage, and enough engines to hit 100 kph in 1.2 seconds.

Reaction score
    Even if I replaced my hull witth shields, i\'d need to put a ton more power into it. My shields died nearly instantly thanks to me running out of power so fast.

Reaction score
    RooSalad has a ship called the Acid sporting 48 salvage cannons with ~0.009 second-per-block harvest time, and he\'s still expanding it with the goal to be a planet devourer. http://star-made.org/content/acid-planetary-harvester-updated-new-video

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Line the area beneath the sheilds with power modules, that should do it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    JuSt don\'t get too close to a planet because that thing will probably be too heavy to leave orbit.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    You only need a 1.5:1 thrust:mass ration to leave a gravity field.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    wont be a problem as your eating the entire planet, also gonna give this a try making this ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think factions can set a planet as a home, and then you can\'t mine it. Really, just put a buttload of thrusters and salvage cannons. I made a ship that can mine an asteroid in 2 minutes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Harvesting entire planets is easy with my Monster-class Resource Collector.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    lol, I came across this game from mrwoofless on youtube, so i tried it out, after learning a few things about ship construction i thought about these planet eater harvest ships, but im not sure how long it would take to build legitmatly a ship larger than the planet your trying to eat in meer seconds, though i will still try on my own, at least im not the only crazy designer around :D

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I am currently working on a modified version of Crusades Nexus. I am changing a large amount of its AMC\'s to salvage cannons. I will use it to assault enemy faction planets and may post the .sment when done.