The Future Of StarMade: The need for more creative agency.

Reaction score
    I think you should.

I think that you might be better off making a post for individual specifics, and then linking each post to this master thread. So this thread could act like a table of contents, and the other sub-threads will be there for people to view individually. It works better as an archive for the devs too if they decide to look at each issue individually, which is likely how they approach adding new content.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    well this is the best thread i\'ve seen in weeks.. and the kicker is it allows for new blocks without going crazy about it. Very nice post and great comments here too!

Reaction score
    We definitively need more blocks.

My suggestion would be to \"not\" add new blocks but make the current blocks variable.

So what schema would have to do would be adding a data value to the blocks.When we now press shift(or some other key)It would change the data value of the held blocks which also might change the look

So for example Powerblock:0 :)0 specifies the data value) Is the current powerblock. Powerblock:1 offers a much higher power regen but is only limited linkable.Powerblock:2 is weaker but it can stack infinitively and overexceeds the 1million max

Reaction score
    Schema can either make the game deeper, or make it broader....

Why not Zoidbe- I mean both?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Right, but meanwhile, none of you said any actual recommendation, or model of how you want this to look like, asking for it but giving no examples or solutions doesn\'t really do much.

Reaction score
    OP makes lots of good points. There should be pros and cons to every ship design. The more decisions that have to be made during ship creation, the more unique the ship is going to be. Giving more choice and adding pros and cons to each one will make ship variety a huge thing. Having consumables or heat as a con could add to that depth. It would have to be balanced and tested but it may be worth looking at.