The following is a discussion about SMD moderation, which is allowed per the rules.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm going to state the obvious and allow discussion to go based off of this.

Alterintel is proving to be by far the worst moderator I have seen on any forum I've ever touched in a decade. My reasoning for this is the repeated instances where he has attempted to silence certain members and then proceeded to ignore direct character attacks by others against those same members. He has been feeding information to newer moderators in an attempt to ensure they all follow his example. As a matter of fact, he's actually directly taken a side; when a member was reported for a direct character attack, he was reported by a number of members for pretty obvious rule breaking. Alter turned down all of those reports and went on to state in public words to the effect of "Look, they're the biased ones, they're the ones reporting everything!"

This is only adding to a growing list of offenses, and frankly we the community are seeing zero action on the part of his superiors to correct this. We've heard Duke claim that they're "fixing things behind the scenes" and "writing up documents" but nothing at all has been done about the primary source of our grievances: Alterintel.

Duke has done nothing to curb his blatant abuse of power, extreme bias, and direct censorship.

Perhaps it would be best at this point to let Schema know that his forums are being horribly mismanaged and see if he might consider a new forum altogether at this rate?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm going to state the obvious and allow discussion to go based off of this.

Alterintel is proving to be by far the worst moderator I have seen on any forum I've ever touched in a decade. My reasoning for this is the repeated instances where he has attempted to silence certain members and then proceeded to ignore direct character attacks by others against those same members. He has been feeding information to newer moderators in an attempt to ensure they all follow his example. As a matter of fact, he's actually directly taken a side; when a member was reported for a direct character attack, he was reported by a number of members for pretty obvious rule breaking. Alter turned down all of those reports and went on to state in public words to the effect of "Look, they're the biased ones, they're the ones reporting everything!"

This is only adding to a growing list of offenses, and frankly we the community are seeing zero action on the part of his superiors to correct this. We've heard Duke claim that they're "fixing things behind the scenes" and "writing up documents" but nothing at all has been done about the primary source of our grievances: Alterintel.

Duke has done nothing to curb his blatant abuse of power, extreme bias, and direct censorship.

Perhaps it would be best at this point to let Schema know that his forums are being horribly mismanaged and see if he might consider a new forum altogether at this rate?
    Or just replace the old staff with good and experienced ones

*cough* Thingie Crusade *cough*

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    I miss Thingie and Crusade... They knew what they were doing when they sure signed up for the job. Yet Alter was just doing shinanigaians and abusing his power beyond belief! I know this as he has deleted my posts on numerous occasions. especially one in Stike's 'Understanding Stike" (sorry for butchering name). But I said some things along the lines of: "I hope Stike or GroovRider don't end up like Alter or Duke with their ways". Thus Alter intervenes and deletes that post and a post in response to his 1st deletion. Which is truly disgraceful. He was most certainly acting Biased when he did that to my posts.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Huh, that's interesting. I don't think there were any rules against that sort of thing. I doubt someone would have reported it as well.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I remember when Alter first became mod, and he was terrible and we often had to go get other mods to relook at the reports to get the correction or even warning removed/post restored. He was bad at his job back then, and he's bad at it now. Never learnt, merely outlasted the other moderators.

In the words of a great man; SAD

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I remember when Alter first became mod, and he was terrible and we often had to go get other mods to relook at the reports to get the correction or even warning removed/post restored. He was bad at his job back then, and he's bad at it now. Never learnt, merely outlasted the other moderators.

In the words of a great man; SAD