the first steps with starmade

Reaction score
    I just found an old folder with screeshots from starmade. And I happened to find pictures of the very first ship I have build, well not the very first core I placed I did try to place a block or two before.

But this is the first ship where I started with an idea what I wanted to build.

The funny thing is that the style of ships I build jet is very simmilar in style :D

I think it does show some resemblance :D

Do you have pictures of your early work´s?

Reactions: Aecetym and Nauvran

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ohhh let me see, I dont have the very first ship I built since it was made out of the starting blocks but I did make this one out of salvaged stations, I was playing on a LAN server with a friend of mine.

and my newest finished ship (which Im kinda reworking a bit, this is the newest pictures I got)

EDIT: Funnily enough they are both vertical ships :P Only just realised that

Reaction score
    ohhh let me see, I dont have the very first ship I built since it was made out of the starting blocks but I did make this one out of salvaged stations, I was playing on a LAN server with a friend of mine.

and my newest finished ship (which Im kinda reworking a bit, this is the newest pictures I got)

EDIT: Funnily enough they are both vertical ships :p Only just realised that
    seems you had a thing for for ships of this shape for a while :D

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    seems you had a thing for for ships of this shape for a while :D
    heh yeah apparently but I actually only just noticed that they are a bit similar :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ok, so the first actual ship that I started building (that wasn't just to see how the game works) was this:

Now, if you want to see the first ship that I finished (cause I'm still making the first one, lolololol) then it's this:

Reaction score

EDIT: Funnily enough they are both vertical ships :p Only just realised that
    That second ship looks suspiciously similar to a ship in the Flagship promo video.
    (It's at the end)

Reaction score
    I'm gonna like this thread so much

I made 3 noticeable jumps in building ships. Yet all ships I build today still have the basic design of the first one.

My first ever build ship was what I called a heavy salvager. Build to be able to take a beating yet have enough firepower to kill and later on salvage anything of intrest.

Name: Vulture
    Classification: Recover Mk III*
    Type: Heavy salvager
    (*the Mk III comes from the fact that the Mk I never got past the coreroom and was destroyed by a sneaky server restart. The Mk II was in design the same, if not exactly the same, only a bit smaller, but got destroyed also in a sneaky server restart.)

The full album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/WOTfr#0

After that I started using a more fixed color scheme leading, removing white hull that was back in the days overused by many players and replaced by green hull what was a pretty rarely used color back then.

Name: Unnamed*
    Classification series: Recover Mk IV
    Type: Heavy salvager
    (*It never got named cause right after I finished it I took a break from starmade)

And then came final step. With copy/past finally becoming finally an option and the ability to repeat structures without needing to copy-build them endlessly (taking hours apon hours), the prefab generation began.

Name: Pristyana
    Classification: starting a new serie*
    Type: Pride fleet ship/Assault carrier
    (*Still under construction)

More pictures can be found here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/persistent-industries.2706/
    The album here: http://imgur.com/a/8g6F3#0

Evolution is a constant proces.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    There's a first for everything, right? Here's my first interior:

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Here is the first steps to current on my ship the Luna:

Yea... pretty ugly but it served its purpose as a military ship.

I like to believe that it is no longer an eye sore