The fault in logic people don't get with the Shield change

Reaction score
    "You have to be a good pilot to not die now!"

"You have to deign ships with turrets to not die now!"

Being a good pilot is irrelevant when a ship can accelerate five times as fast as you. Designing with turrets is also quite stupid, because:

When you log off, now ships can destroy you easily. Piloting is no longer a factor, and you can't dock to faction homes like you could before with turrets (unless you want to leave them chilling around and re-attaching them)

all that is gonna happen is there will be layer ships docked so you can get extra shields at a more efficient rates, capital ships will still exist, they'll just look super ugly and make servers lag more.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They will refuse to dock their ships properly and QQ when something happens? Also as for accelleration, a capital class can accellerate at the same rate a frigate can, it all depends on the thrust mass ratio.

When you wish to dock, have the docking area lined with smaller docking ares where you undock a turret, fly it over and dock it onto the area over where the ship will be docking. They too will now be protected.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you sad that your Leviathan won\'t stand up to like 10 minutes of constant fire before a dent happens in it?

Reaction score
    Ah... right there are plenty of other threads to talk about this on, at this point I don\'t care about the change I\'ll just deal with it for now.

Reaction score
    I really don\'t care about that, I think it\'s silly that the defense mechanic for this reqiures large ships to not dock so that they can have turrets. Thrust to mass is also difficult to increase at larger levels because it is no longer exponentially scaling, it is only linear scaling.

I think it\'s a step in the right direction - though shields need to be consistent and people need to not take damage while shields are up. But I also find it silly that the defense mechanism stops you from being able to protect your ship when you can\'t pilot it (or you need to spend 20 minutes each time you want to take your capital ship out to re-attach turrets, which isn\'t fun game design)

Shields are tricky though. If hulls were worth anything we might have an interesting conversation

Reaction score
    The other interesting thing to do would be to make shields need to be in small blocks around the ship to push interesting design

There are a ton of ways to fix shields, I don\'t think the massive nerf done was needed lol

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I roughly quote from game \"Cannot chain dock ships (yet!)\". At least that popped up for me in one of the recent (as of this post) updates. You\'ll just have to wait, can\'t expect every feature you want to be added in one update, along with everyone else\'s plus features that Schema has planned that we don\'t know about? I want chain docking, but I\'ll have to wait. I also want some sort of stargate style teleporter, but I can\'t expect that tomorrow! (If at all :P)

Reaction score
    I\'m ust saying that having a counter to something requires that the counterplay be fun as well. There has to be a way to make small ships useful but not make Capital Ships worthless

Reaction score
    It\'s 704k blocks. I can\'t even dock it due to the fact it\'s impossible to aim the beam from inside the ship.