The Fatboy Squadron Area Of operation

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Attention unknown transport, you are within restricted space, so kindly fu- Wait, you're a writer for Crazed Loner monthly?!? I love that magazine, nobody I know reads it! But you're stil- What do you mean "you were warned about this"!? If you're going for your weapons, I'll..... Really? REALLY?! OF COURSE I WANT THREE CASES OF WHISKEY AND HOOKERS! Why of course you can come in and have a tour, My good, GOOD friend! Just fly on in to bay 4.....

Well, you wanna know all about My little patch of space? Sure. Let's start with the very space station we're standing on:

Muffin One:

Above: Heavily modified deep space hub, "Muffin One". Owner: MajorFatboy, Voidsys 0,2,1

Originally, it was an old deep space hub, one of countless others that humanity mass-produced and flung into the new frontier, intending for them to serve as trade, traffic, habitation, Etc. They fell out of use as technology progressed and building custom stations became easier. The final nail in the coffin was all the damned pirate attacks. I found this one in a rather quite sector, and started fixing her up. Currently, Muffin One has one 80-block antimatter nope cannon on the main dome, eight 10x4 defensive turrets on the zenith and nadir corners, and has an additional eight hard points for light turrets. I've got two of the four bays enclosed, and some new access corridors installed, but My biggest addition is the dry dock:

Capable of holding and protecting a large ship during construction or heavy repair, this framework extends the home base protection to anything docked within it. Can't remember the specifics, but a ship of about 150 meters by 80 meters can be cradled here. The local trading post considers it a "sector asset" and extends it's patrols this way, in case they need to use it. This one time, some dumb pirate bastards thought they could raid Me..... I just stood in the control room, sipping My coffee as the turrets did all the work.... Felt kinda dirty.... The bad kind of dirty.........

Anyways, let's look at some ships! We'll start with something old, and work up to the more interesting stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Striker01:

Above: Starwind Colonial Defense initiative Striker01 vintage attack frame, "The not so great and powerful Trixie". Owner: Majorfatboy

Mass: 34.3 (Blocks: 343)
    Length: 22m, Height: 7m, Width: 13m
    Power: 20000.0 (3070.7 e/sec)
    Thrust: 20.2, Engine: 5 blocks x 2 (10)
    Top speed: 95kph
    Turning speed: X-axis: 3.1, Y-axis: 5.0, Z-axis: 2.2
    Shields: 5944.0 (500 s/sec), Blocks: 20, Recovery: 0.5

Yeah, bet you don't see these much. That's because they sort of suck. Ya' see, a lot of the colonies out here had succeeded from their earth-based governments, and didn't have much in the way of military might. Hell, even the colonies that remained earth-governed had nothing. We were too far out from Mama Earth for help, and what little We had left of the old attack craft that came with the colonists were getting cornholed by the pirates in those new Isanth-IVs.

One group of colonies got tired of this, and formed the "Starwind colonies". Their first mission? Build and field their very own attack craft. Something to protect all the legit colonists from those gun-toting slackers, the pirates. Unfortunately, so few colonial guards survived pirate encounters, the ship builders had no idea just how powerful a ship they needed.

Under powered, poorly equipped, driven by two 5-block thrust arrays used by mining craft, armed with a tiny 10-block AMC and two single-block sd-bb missile systems, the only good thing about this flying block was the decent armor protection. This did not, however, stop the pirates from slaughtering these things in record time. Things were looking pretty dark.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Striker01A Refit:

Above: SCDI Striker01AR attack frame, Unnamed. Owner: Majorfatboy.

Mass: 49.5 (Blocks: 495)
    Length: 22m, Height: 8m, Width: 23m
    Power: 20000.0 (3070.7 e/sec)
    Thrust: 36.7, Engine: 10 blocks x 2 (20)
    Top speed: 122 kph
    Turning speed: X-axis: 2.1, Y-axis: 4.5, Z-axis: 2.2
    Shields: 5944.0 (500 s/sec), Blocks: 20, Recovery: 0.5

While on patrol, some throttle jockey found his old ship, one He had ejected from some weeks ago. He towed it home, started fixing it up, then got ideas. Why repair it, when you could make it better? He set about over-hauling the old frame, and caught the attention of one of the original Striker engineers. Hands were shook, papers were signed, and this one guy's repair became the official refit for the whole SCDI Striker line.

The armor level was cranked up, a new cockpit system installed, the old 5-block engines were replaced with their next model 10-block versions. The same wimpy 10-block AMC was kept, but now had two 8-block sd-bb lancer missile systems to back it up, and interestingly enough, wings were added. Wings, on a star fighter. It's well known that Isanth's don't handle atmospheric combat well, and colonial pilots often dive into planets for cover, but wings? When questioned about this, the jock just said: Well, just think of them as "additional weapons hard points". My kind of guy. Still not a 1v1 match for an Isanth, but in groups these ships started pushing the pirates back. Shipping lanes started getting safe, farmers were a bit less scared of shooting stars, thinking they were marauders, there was something to fight back with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attacker02M2:

Above: United Stars of America Attacker02M2 Gunship, "Mr. Nope". Owner: Majorfatboy.

Mass: 204.4 (Blocks: 2044)
    Length: 30m, Height: 13m, Width: 24m
    Power: 20046.0 (11023.2 e/sec)
    Thrust: 148.9, Engines: Two seperate 40-block engines (80 blocks total),
    top average speed: 110 kph at 2.5 Km, 120 kph at 5.5 Km.
    Turning speed: X-axis: 1.9, Y-axis: 2.8, Z-axis: 1.7
    Shields: 20062.0 (1244 s/sec); Blocks: 124, Recovery: 0.5

Oh yeah.... OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This is My ship! This is the tank I really starting kicking ass in. Why, just looking at it gives Me this warm, fuzzy feeling in My..... You know what? Never mind.

While the SCDI was trying to deal with the pirates, the colonies that were still tied to America back on Earth were in just as bad shape. After one defeat to many, one general, when questioned about what the government was going to do about the pirates, is quoted as saying the following: What are We going to do? We're going to build a really big gun, wrap it in armor, add MORE armor, give it some more guns, wrap those in armor, and what the hell, maybe we'll even add some engines! Why the hell not! That's what we're going to do! We're going to build a goddamned space tank, And we're going to drive it right up those sonsabitchs' holes! I like this guy.

Now, I'll not waste time going over the older versions, and just tell you about what We have here, the 02M2. Built entirely from hardened hull, with average shielding, and reenforced cockpit, this beast was built with soaking damage in mind. It comes armed with a single 56-block kingslayer AMC, two 20-block seekerkiller sd-bb missile systems, and eight additional 10-block AMC's for whittling down an opponent's shields. It even has an enhanced docking mount for towing damaged ships back. Pirates hate these things, as the main cannon has enough range to strip their base station's turrets out from beyond said turret's range. Pirate's aren't known to use these, as the amount of firepower needed to bring one down usually leaves it salvageable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HornetM1:

Above: SCDI / US joint carrier fighter, Hornet Model 1, unnamed. Owner: Majorfatboy.

Mass: 32.2 (blocks: 323)
    Length: 20m, Height: 7m, Width: 17m
    Power: 20000.0 (1755.3 e/sec)
    Thrust 39.7
    Engines: two 10 block engines w/ one block interconnect (21)
    Average top speed: 190 kph at 5 Km, 206 kph at 15 Km
    Turning speed: X-axis: 2.6, Y-axis: 5.0, Z-axis: 2.3
    Shields: 6141.0 (512 s/sec), Blocks: 21, Recovery: 0.5

The good guys were catching up. Earth forces agreed to an alliance with the colonies, and wished to send reinforcements. Problem was, most US craft was still being build waaaaaayyy back in the Sol system, and getting an entire fleet built and transported out here in time is damn near impossible. So the idea came up to split the workload: The carriers would be built in earth space, and populated with fighters from voidsys and starsys. Unfortunately, the then-current Striker01AR was unusable. Story goes that a US general said to a Starwind engineer: Those strikers are too big for carrier use, and under-armed. Can you make the same thing, but smaller, and more powerful at the same time? Supposedly the engineer in question started shaking and making funny noises....... But He did it.

Slightly smaller then the Striker, but with nearly the same characteristics, and with a far nastier bite. Using the same 10-block engines, but this time with a new bit of technology: The thruster Interconnect. This allowed two separate engines to act as one, sharing the workload and balancing the whole power curve. Armed with two 8-block sd-bb missile systems, and a new 20-block AMC. This little ship was every bit a match for the Isanths, all on it's own. A perfect blend of speed, armor, strike range, and size. The SCDI can't build these things fast enough to match the orders coming in. Even the pirates want them. Badly. But it didn't stop there.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HornetM2:

Above: SCDI / US joint starfighter, Hornet Model 2, Unnamed. Owner: Majorfatboy.

Mass: 28.5 (blocks: 285)
    Length: 15m, Height: 7m, Width: 17m
    Power: 20000.0 (1334.9 e/sec)
    Thrust: 39.7, Engine: two 10-block engines w/ 1 block connector (21)
    Average top speed: 220 kph at 5km, 230 kph at 15km.
    Turning speed: X-axis: 2.6, Y-axis:5.2, Z-axis: 2.8
    Shields: 6141.0 (512s/sec), Blocks: 21, Recovery: 0.5

While developing the M1, those magnificent bastards at SCDI realized they could keep going. Dropping the single 20-block AMC, this model sports four 10-block cannons, for pure damage at mid-range. On top of that, in what can only be described as pure, beautiful madness, they slapped four 10-block facebreaker sd-bb missile systems on it. This little beast rips through it's enemies like a fat kid on a pizza. Trust Me, I speak from experience. The pirates want these badly, as does everyone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bearfighter:

Above: Greater Russian Cosmo Holdings carrier fighter, "lil' Ivan". Owner: Majorfatboy.

Mass: 19.5 (Blocks: 195)
    Length: 13m, Height: 7m, Width: 13m
    Power: 20000.0/20000.0 (2055.7 e/sec)
    Thrust: 39.4, Engine: Single 22-block

Average top speed: 325 kph after 5 Km, top speed 340 kph after 22 Km.
    Tuning speed: X-axis: 3.1, Y-axis: 5.2, Z-axis: 3.1
    Shields: 3744.0 (353 s/sec), Blocks: 10, Recovery: 0.5

Those reds, I tell ya'. Right about the same time the US was preparing to send in their carriers, The Russians decided to do the same. And when the SCDI developed the Hornet series, The GRCH "came up" with this little terror. Interesting, no?

Not quite as much protection as the Hornet, this fighter is never the less a true killing machine. What you are looking at is a 20-block snub-nose AMC! Just as beefy as the HornetM1, but far smaller, this gun is deadly accurate, and has been known to core an enemy fighter in just a few salvos. Backing that up, is two 8-block sd-bb missile systems. And good luck hitting this thing, it's been known to hit a solid 340 in speed trials. The pirates hate this thing. They don't even want to capture them, they just want'em dead. if you get caught by one of these, don't try to run, just dig your heels in, and try to knock that gun out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baracuda:

Above: Belger industries Baracuda starfighter, Unnamed. Owner: Unknown.

Mass: 55.2 (blocks: 552)
    Length: 18m, Height: 16m, Width:27m
    Power: 20000.0 (3136.8 e/sec)
    Thrust: 92.8, Engine: 24-block x 2 (48)
    Average top speed: 270 kph at 5km, 280 kph at 15km
    Turning Speed: X-axis: 1.9, Y-axis: 2.6, Z-axis: 2.4
    Shields: 6898.0 (559 s/sec), Blocks: 25, Recovery: 0.5

That guy. There's one in every group. That one jerk who insists on earning the asshole of the year award.... Every year. That's Belger Industries. Disrupting trade routes, claim-jumping, patent-stealing, Talking in a movie theater. Pure. Asshole. This is one of their in-house "Defense Platforms". Rumor has it they have a cozy little deal with the pirates to sell these to them, at discount, in exchange for the pirates "Forgetting" about their trade routes, and taking an interest with their competitors routes instead. I've got a few prospector buddies that haven't been heard from in months, probably because of these bushwhacking jerks.

Packing an under-slung 30-block AMC with it's own targeting system, and two sd-kb futtbucker missile systems, it has an unusual but effective bite. It's also quite fast. I make it a point to shoot the hell out of these things whenever I can.

Kiwi-Class Light Carrier:

Above: US Kiwi-Class Light Carrier, the FSV "Ponyville". Owner: Majorfatboy.

Mass: 4030.1 (blocks: 40301)
    Length: 125m, Height: 26m, Width: 116m
    Power: 138764.3 (468214.0 e/sec)
    Thrust: 19282.9, Engine: 3212 (I think) block x 2 with 48+block connector (6472)
    Top speed: Unknown, easily pegs My current 500kph limit.
    Turning speed: X-axis: 1.0, Y-axis: 1.2, Z-axis: 1.0
    Shields: 146461.0 (5529 s/sec), Blocks: 2446, Recovery: 2.0

Pride. That's what this vessel is. Back in the day, this was the ship that scouted out and lead the colonists to their new homes. It protected it's crew, defeated the wicked, lit the path, and even acted as the first major structure on any new colony. Even during the height of the pirate menace, this ship held it's ground. A Kiwi lifted the spirits of it's crew even more then it lifted it's cargo. Before the SCDI / US join up, when someone said the cavalry arrived, it usually meant "Someone's got a Kiwi, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show"

Built to carry a survey team, ground crew, 8-plus shuttles or 4 shuttles and one fighter, their pilots, and more into the new frontier, these ships were meant to operate on their own. Expecting the need to land on a planet, Designers planed on using large liftoff engines. What they ended up with were two Royce-Anderson "Thunderclap" 3212 Photomagnetic Impact drives. This is more lift power then any sane man would ever need. Hell, most madmen would think this is "a bit much". As such, this ship excels at protecting her crew by running. Most pirates know that if they can't stop this thing right off the bat, don't even try, she'll just run and you'll never catch her. For times when running is not an option, the designers armed her with a full-size 400-block naval AMC. Gunships and Corvettes get snapped in two by this gun. Most Frigate commanders wet themselves and refuse to attack her from the front. If you get past the AMC, she's got two massive starlord sd-bb missile systems, and beyond that, nine 10-block x2 autoturrets. Keep in mind that everything I've listed is meant to be defensive systems, this ship's not meant for direct combat. But when She does fight, it's often described as "A mother Bear going batshit crazy on some poor hunter who got to close to her cubs". In fleet combat, Her role changes to that of a sniper; using her massive engines to get into position quickly, and breaking enemy shields from range.

Yessir! Nothing says "Prepare your anus" quite like a 400-block party cannon wrapped in nearly twenty thousand units of thrust.

Reaction score
    This was a joy to read and the ships look cool. (Plus I\'m from New Zealand, and the kiwi is our national bird)

keep up the good work! :D

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    TLDR... :P

Okay you have my attention though. Those are some great looking ships and when I have more then a minute I will go back and read through all that. I love ships with a story too

Edit: got to read it, I love the backstory, I can\'t wait for more.

\"Greater Russian Cosmo Holdings carrier fighter, \"lil\' Ivan\".\"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks for the kind words, folks!

I\'ve got a few things in mind to build, with several pages of concept sketches so far, but between the new job I just started, and the other video games I play, I\'m not sure when I\'ll have the next ships made.

There\'s a heavy fighter I\'ve got in mind, a freight hauler, and I want to make some more bad guy ships as well, so there\'ll be more eventually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The desings look cool but your presentation was perfect and humorous, keep up the good work.