The difference between greifing and open warfare.

Reaction score
    As I said, griefing is subjective.

You think attacking a ship of someone who logged out isn\'t griefing.

I think it\'s extremely unforgiving and thus griefing.

Difference of opinion, this is why it should be left up to the owners of a server to set boundaries at their own discretion.

Reaction score
    there is NO differance between warfare and griefing, and saying there is idiotic. Being sneaky and sabatoging enemies is just as PvP as killing them in a head on fight. of course, if you practiced proper safety and common sense, you would have a home base and either dock all your stuff, or keep it in a closed hanger.

TLDR; dock your stuff at a homebase, and you don\'t need to worry about \'griefing\' at all.

Reaction score
    That would be a valid argument if it were possible to dock ships with turrets on them, but as it stands large ships are always vulnerable to anyone with a big enough ship or enough patience, because turrets are mandatory for large ships.

Reaction score
    that you can build a plex door hangar right? its how I protect my turret sporting boats.

Reaction score
    Most of what I hear called \"griefing\" is just guerilla warfare when we\'re talking about a conflict between two factions. The main difference between \"griefing\" and \"warfare\" is really a matter of expectation in this context.

There is one enormous difference between actual conflict and this sort of conflict-as-a-passtime thing that need to be considered by the server admins at least and, really, by all parties involved.

Real wars are 24/7. There are always soldiers doing something, ships are always crewed and operational, resources are constantly being manufactured. In Starmade, unless the faction\'s player base is gigantic, this is not the case, and battles can be \"won\" or \"lost\" simply because someone\'s lack of real-world responsibilities mean they can obtain unmolested access to his/her opponent\'s assets while they are away doing basic not-Starmade things. That\'s not really much fun, except for maybe the guys drawing wing-wangs on the side of an unoccupied battleship.

Factions engaging in warfare may want to consider a set time each day that the war is \"ON\" and anything is permissible and time when the wars are \"OFF\" and folks can put down the pretend conflict and attend to their real world responsibilities, with a resonable expectation that they can pick up where they left off tomorrow. Or they may not want to bother. As long as that expectation is clearly communicated, I think the cries of \"Griefing\" will go down considerably.

All of the tactics mentioned are perfect valid in the context of a fight, mind. It\'s just boring and pointless to engage in a conflict that you cannot win simply because you have to feed your kids or spend the day cleaning your house instead of guarding your starmade crap. What\'s the point in even playing along at that point?

Reaction score
    >you would have a home base and either dock all your stuff, or keep it in a closed hanger.

>or keep it in a closed hanger