The Council, take two (The New Council)

Reaction score
    Do you have any thoughts at all?please post them and make suggestions, as that is what makes these things work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree with all except number 1. That should not be a rule because then it turns into dick lenght match. Aka the vargyr and the dfn recently

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There is no point of a council like this if it is a peace treaty server side. We just need a code of honor that all factions have to abide by.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We should stop all these treaties and such, because the UAF was the first and main one.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Some minor rephrasing!

1) If war is started, waste time messing about writing explanations and forum posts so that you\'re dead before you get your faction\'s defenses organised.

2) Spies and infiltration is allowed

3) Spies and infiltration must be pointless (even though it\'s \"allowed\")

4) In a war, if a faction is backing another faction, then all of your enemies must be notified (via. the forum) to ensure that you lose any benefits from the element of surprise.

5) Public flaming and harrassment on the forums is prohibited.

6) One member of a faction attacking another member of a faction is not to be considered a war. Therefore a faction can progressively wipe out another faction over several days/weeks using a planned series of \"one member attacking another member\" incidents. In this case the victim faction can\'t declare war and defend themselves (as it was only \"one member attacking another member\" and declaring war would be against the rules).

7) Punishments for violating these rules vary. Possibilities include a \"blockade\" where you give all your ships to the violator as a gift and let the violator salvage them as soon as you\'re offline; loss of seats on the council (which are likely to mean effectively nothing); and permission for all non-rule violating factions to do things that they should never have needed permission to do in the first place. Please note that server-side bans and whitelist denial assume the council has the power to push around server owners for their own benefit; and would be extremely presumptuous and over-reaching.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    how about this: we just copy the rules from the current warfare rules IRL. its much simpler.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Keep your annoying opinions to yourself, unless you can be a decent person about it, please. I don\'t even want to know what lengths you went to to find loopholes. Also, I\'m pretty sure this is a good example of something called a rough draft.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Whether or not I like the idea has little to do with it - I only really wanted to point out the existance of loopholes to help you. It didn\'t take me long (it\'s easy enough to imagine worst-case implications).

As for liking or not liking; to be perfectly honest I don\'t see any need for a council in the first place and see the council\'s existance as a bad solution to a problem that never existed. To be even more honest; it\'s a bunch of whiners unhappy with the game\'s mechanics and unhappy with various server owner\'s rules getting together for a large and pointless group hug to make themselves feel better about their own lack of courage.

Reaction score
    Well, the porpose of it is to make sure everyone knows what is going on, and anyone who is on the fence can decide which side to pick based on what is happening. During what I will call the five days of blood, all of the council factions sided with the DFN, but since this is not intended to be a war killer, support by factions will be vital. That\'s just my thoughts though. If you have something better, please add it!