The Council, take two (The New Council)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Alright, this is Debris. We learned a lot from only these short few days, and the aftershocks of this will be felt for months, if not years. The Council was the result of a treaty between the warring factions, and brought a sense of unification to the community. Upon the beginning of an argument, the DFN and Vaygr Empire declared war. People picked sided, ignored the treaty, and things went down the drain very quickly. The little sense of unification we had, the small, breif moment of peace, was crushed by war. I am creating this New Council, using things learned from the war, in order to better enforce the rules and regulations we set in motion for ourselves. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE is allowed to join, and is encouraged to do so. I will not stand for the disaster that was the Vaygr/DFN war, and I am determined not to allow such a catastrophe to occur again. Here are the basic rules, set in place by the Council. Since they obviously weren't effective enough, many additions and revisions will be made.

1.) No posting anything negative at all, including, but not limited to- spam, arguing, complaining, negative commentary, accusations, etc.

2.) No firing shots at each other serverside.

3.) No trying to one-up each other, by way of faction size, ship size, dick size, etc.

4.) All hostilities will cease, be it by the faction owners or the members themselves.

5.) Penalty of breaking these agreements is subject to severity of the offense.

Clause 1.) Any animocities are to be forgotten, and apologies for any violent actions are neccesary if leaving a war to sign this treaty.

Clause 2.) War Games are to be held, any signed faction is allowed to participate, in order to keep their troops ready in case of an emergency.

Clause 3.) Any and all faction leaders are allowed to sign this document.

Revision 1.) Factions will maintain this code inside and outside of faction discussions, to apply to all of the StarMade community. This will help the signed factions look more professional, therefore giving the Treaty factions a good reputation, and encouraging new members to join the signed factions.

Please sign by posting your IGN next to your faction name.

Signed factions:

Debrisian Federal Navy (FlyingDebris)

Dovan Empire (Miraak)

Reaction score
    With all due respect, there need to be set concequences for violating these agreements. If war breaks out, the council needs to put it down fast. You could take away their seat on the council, or cut them off from their influence. Trials should bet held with one or more third party(ies). I feel that this war could have been stopped if the whole council had helped. Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Gonna spell check you real quick

\"Animosities\"

Reaction score
    Debris, this is why I made the UAF......nobody seems to understand that....

-Hierarch

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As much as I am in favour of a large alliance fighting the evil of StarMade, I think something like the Geneva Convention would prove much more useful. Especially since we\'ve got a number of alliances already, so just calling one \"The Council\" and trying to be the \'Murrica of Space would make little to no difference.

So instead of a gigantic non-agression pact, we should have universal rules for every signed faction, just like certain aspects of warfare are forbidden in modern days, that do not explicitly punish war, but instead enforce something much more fair.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I agree with SkullCollector.

Especially because this will probably just be another big flop like the first one.

Reaction score
    Hi,

I\'m a solo player (a faction of one). I build different ships for different purposes. Currently I\'m building a little war ship. It\'s designed to fight (not to just sit there and look pretty). The pirates in the game stopped being a challenge for me a long time ago - they\'re certainly no match for any of my recent ships. To make combat fun, what I really need is a list of factions that aren\'t too strong for a lone wolf like me to take on.

I\'d like to formally thank FlyingDebris for creating a nice list of factions that are too weak to stand on their own; so that players like me know where to look when choosing a suitable target! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are some problems with your idea, like what if a faction doesn\'t care and breaks the rules? I guess you could report them, but for what, the faction afterall might not agree with the rules, besides, some of these rules might seem fair to someone, but might seem unfair to others.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That\'s what this is for, I am not making an alliance.

@fieryeye- The rules will be chosen by the members of the factions themselves. The rules already up there were the ones made by the origional treaty, which obviously didn\'t work.

@Qweedsy- we\'ll see about that. This was to set some rules in place to keep us from slaughtering each other unfairly.

Reaction score
    If this is supposed to be like the Geneva convention, count me in! That side-argueing really pissed me off (as well as some other council members) so we left, but if there are punishments, I\'m re-joining.

-Marshal, over and out

Reaction score
    While you are on the right track i think we should have a galactic law, some rules will be for everone and anyone while some will be chosen to follow on each server,

for example if we have a law that says \'No attacking players ships when they are not online\' and set that as one for everyone then no matter what server you play on, you will have to obey it, where as if we had a rule like \'No raiding other factions bases for their loot/recipes\' then that could be up to the owner/superadmin of the certain server to agree to, thus meaning everyone wh0o plays on that server will have to follow it.

i appologise if this is confusing, i partially confused myself when re-reading

Reaction score
    1. If a war is started, post a forum page to keep everyone informed on what is happening. Supporters must know what is happening before they commit themselves, and war crimes must be listed in a public place for everyone to see.

2. Spies and infiltration are allowed as a part of wars.

3. Using spies to infiltrate and destroy home planets is prohibited

4. Any faction who is backing another faction in war with warships and personell must post it publicly, unless it is a shipyard or fleet yard who wishes to profit off of a conflict. The same goes for private builders or people that are hired to preform a service in war.

5. Public flaming and harassment on the forums is prohibited.

6. One member of a faction attacking a member of a faction is not to be considered a war. If this happens, report it on this page if the players faction has signed these rules. Otherwise, do what you want, as the offending faction hasn\'t agreed to any of these rules.

7. Punishments for violating these rules vary, here are some: a blockade of the factions home sector, removal from the protection of these rules, loss of seats on the council, UAF, or the grand alliance of starmade, permission for all non-rule violating factions to open fire on all violating faction members, server side bans, whitelist denial if applying to a server, and worse of all, a swift spank delivered by a rod composed of newly born babies and yellow beard shavings.

feel free to post additions or revisions, as well as signing the treaty.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That is simple, easy, and a good thing for server owners to use as a reference to improve their server communities. However, I would like to make one change- spies are only allowed to gather information, and aee prohibited from causing issues serverside.

Reaction score
    The point of having spies is to inhibit enemy operations, which is fine by me as long as they arn\'t destroying planets.

Reaction score
    Flying D\'s originonal post give me the impression that war between factions would be almost \"banned\", for lack of a better word. I personally don\'t like this idea, as having faction rivalries, and besting other factions in wars and space battles is 95% of the fun of being part of a faction. However, I believe that a set of \"rules of fair play\", much like the ones legolas170 suggested, would be a good idea.