The color orange

Reaction score
    Here's a simple suggestion. Orange hull. It's the only secondary color missing. And, as an artist as well as somone who personnally likes the color quite a lot it sometimes bugs me that there is no orange hull in the game. I know it might seem a bit frivolous, but it should be really easy to add in so I don't see why not.

Also while I'm making suggestions I'll throw this one out there, in my opinion the current primary and secondary hull colors are a little on the bright side. It would be nice to see them darkened. Brown, white, grey, and black are fine as is.

Reaction score
    i tried to build a really nice speeder ship but then i saw that orange hull wasn\'t a thing..

there should be more hull-colours in general. It would not be this hard to add new hulls.

something like neon-colours would be nice. the green we have right now is okay but not very...hm...\"look at me\" that was the word i was looking for. it\'s no real eye-catcher:)

Reaction score
    White hull does a pretty good job instead of neon colors. except it burns out your retinas... and makes little pocket suns

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m confused, what\'s orange? As far as I understand, we have all the important colors: Really bright green, garish purple, blinding featureless white, mustard yellow, boring grey, even transparent! I don\'t see what we could possibly be missing!

Sarcasm aside, +1. Give us orange please.

Reaction score
    When the new white had just come out it was fairly blinding at first. But heck at least it is white; we used to have a light grey that was called white.

Doing some research on colors it occurred to me that brown is dark orange. This brings up the odd question of why orange is the only color they decided to go dark with when all the other colors are so bright (some obnoxiously so). In the future I would like to see a light and dark version of all the colors, but for now I feel like orange needs to take priority.

Reaction score
    For full retina conflagration, make a large panel of ice crystals and angle it so it\'s pointing directly at the sun

Reaction score
    Orange is NEEDED.

When Kupu took orange as a replacement of brown hull out of place I was pretty upset, and now its occured they have many other mixed colours as well.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I\'m quite happy that brown is actually brown again... I build with brown, and if it all suddenly turned orange I would probably have to rebuild everything in black and red (or something), which I really don\'t want to do.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I will never say no to a suggestion with colors.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I wouldn\'t mind orange hull, but people are talking about turning brown hull orange, which is just stupid...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think we should have orange as well as pink hull. We should also get corresponding lights and crystals for all colors of hull. I would really like some purple plex-lights.

Ok, maybe not black, grey, and brown plexlights. Although they could be interesting.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I would love to see what dark white is, sorry for off topic comment but just...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I love orange and would like to see it implemented.

Devs do want more colours. Teal has also been suggested. Give us time and it should happen. :)

Reaction score
    a good point is I do recall them saying a few times how easy and quick it is to add new blocks to starmade, so It would be logical for them to add it!

CES

Reaction score
    We could finally make the Lazarus logo w/o lava!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i thought this was going to be a \"The Color Purple\" fanfication. i am disappoint.