The Amazing Fleet Block

Reaction score
    Whilst building my fleet I have found moving the fleet to become an ever more tedious task. So I did some thinking during the mind-numbing travelling.

It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's the Amazing Fleet Block! Now with Karate Chop Action!

All ships connected to the fleet block will fly together in the formation they are in at the time of activation. They will maintain their distance from the Flag Ship (the designated ship which, when flown by a player, will cause all connected ships to mimic it's movements). This would also allow squadrens of fighters to be pilotted by one player.

It's just a thought and I have no idea how it could be implemented in the main game.

However, with ever growing fleets and huge empires stretching across the game, I believe a block of this nature could make the game easier to manage.

Reaction score
    Fleet blocks have already been suggested in older topics on this forum, but i guess another bump couldn\'t hurt :) .

Reaction score
    It would really be a nice function, but:

It would obviously allow single persons to \"fly\" a hundred superdreadmothershiptitans around.

Do we really want this?

This would make factions, even in the upcoming system, almost obsolete, since you could just put a few of your own alt-chars in that faction, collect some \"points\" for your base, build ships, and fly tham all solo into your nemsis\' home/outpost/fleetyard/whatever. RL-manpower wouldn\'t be needed anymore to move quantitatively large assets through space. Exploit.

Thou would be a cool addition to a pure \"single player mode\" :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We could make it so the fleet ships are unable to fire and have half shield ratings

Reaction score
    Hmm, indeed, if there\'d be some \"debuffs\" i\'d fully support the idea.

so +1 :)

Reaction score
    Perhaps, a function can be made that allows you to cut your \"fleet\" loose and to act individually upon A.I. That way, your convoy isn\'t just defenseless loot. You would have to regather the ships afterwards, but it would at least allow you to respond to threats.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Most things floating through my mind when I read the OP were said above by others.

Nice thing, but ... I worry a bit about it too. Planet eaters, you know? I don\'t want an 100-sectors-around-spawn-emty server.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    But they all turn as a single structure.... eventually :)

Honestly, though. This is an implication of lua. Train your crew to fly formations, and you can pilot an armada.