Planned The ability to create custom NPC factions.

Reaction score
    As we all know, currently we have the Pirates and Trading Guild as default guilds throughout the entire game. Unfortunately, we lack the ability to separate what ships they normally use, it's another feature I feel that's missing from the list of planned ideas to later be implemented.

Though this may have been suggested a variety of times and has not been mentioned by the Dev team, why not create a system to enable Servers to make their own NPC factions? Servers could choose what to name them, provide a description, and beyond more. This would enable us all to have themed servers. Big fan of Doctor Who? Bring the Daleks and Timelords in! Like Star Trek? Create Klingons and StarFleet! Ever played the Halo series? You could have the Covenant and UNSC on your server going at each others throats. :3 Or you can be original and come up with your own using your own ships and ideas!

For one, admins would be able to choose what ships and stations they primarily use. Currently, both the Trading Guild and Pirates share the exact same vehicles. An option to select how many of each type of ship they spawn in at once would be great, like arranging their fleet types.

Most importantly, behavioral traits. You'd be able to edit whither or not the custom NPC faction is hostile or choose what others they'll specifically attack on site, we could even have an option to have them be at war with each other which may often force players to keep away from certain systems or risk being caught in crossfire.

Another critical feature I believe we'd all enjoy is to choose what specific systems and galaxy these NPCs could spawn in and what they currently control. Let's say you wish to create a super-advanced civilization that holds some sort of massive grudge against humanity... You could literally have them control half a galaxy or more, (assuming you're an admin of course.)

And of course, why not have it so we could download and import these to other servers or our single player ones similar to blueprints? This would save admins the trouble of having to config all their traits, what they use, their name, description, etc. I just feel this would be a huge leap to adding a more diverse Universe for players to explore and give us so much more to do, only downside is that you'd need the ships and stations already built so you could enable the NPC factions to use them.

Opinions?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In short this is planned. I think that the reason it doesn't appear on the road map at the moment is because features like this are likely to come much later in the games development once the core mechanics are fully established. They need to figure out HP and AI and a host of other things before they can even begin to think about adding in a more thorough NPC faction system.

I hate to be the one to say it but you just need to be patient.

As for giving pirates and trading guild different stuff i'm pretty sure this is already possible through the server folder in the game directory.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Right now this can be achieved in away, but it is a lot of back braking work, and the AI ship don't move they just sit there waiting for some one to fined them.