Thanks Schema!

Reaction score
    I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks.

I know developers get a lot more critiques than praise. I just wanted to say that even in an Alpha stage, this game has got me hooked. Even though there are improvements to be made, I'd like to think it's going on the right track.

After a week of playing/testing, I decided to buy the game. I'd like to think it's well worth the investment, so keep up the good work!

So for everybody else on the thread, do you like the direction the game is going? Are you going to buy the game if you haven't already? Post your thoughts!

Reaction score
    Got to agree with McDili, the game shows great potential and is alreayd to play around with. Like others I\'ve put my money where my mouth is and bought the game.

All I can ask is that the vocal minority that complain like a spoilt brat about any slight glitch or change would please remember this is indeed an Alpha, there\'s a lot of work to go so be patient and enjoy what we have. If a bug has broken the game, wait a couple of days and come back, please avoid having what amounts to a tantrum and embarassing yourself.

Reaction score
    This game is amazing and it deserves MUCH more recognition. More importantly, it has become clear to me that schema is working hard to polish and improve the game. He deserves all of the praise we could give him and more.

Hell yes i like the direction the game is going, and HELL yes im buying this game the moment I get the chance.

Thanks again schema, for all of the effort you are putting into this game. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The one item that sold me to play this game over Minecraft is update compadible saves.

THANK YOU FOR THAT SCHEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it that he is really invovled with the community and trys to work with us.

Also having the advanced building mechanic is pure gold with trying build anything. So thank you very much.

Reaction score
    I fully approve, he has done a lot for us and has even lost a friend. I wish him the best of luck, and I\'ll follow the games progress like a crazy stalker on cocaine.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Schema needs to see this. I don\'t think anyone has a clue how much stuff like this means to him when half of his feedback is people begging for things or raging at him over bugs.

Reaction score
    I must admit I thought the game would of gotten boring very quickly, (oh how i was so wrong there) I\'m still in love with the game. I\'m not an experienced coder. But I did learn basics. I know how troubling it is to create a game from scratch. But I have never had the pressure of a community to keep up with as well as trying to fix all the small nags and glitches that may keep popping up. I must say, For Schema working on his own, Releasing updates DAILY (which is much more then most main stream games with bigger dev teams i might add) is just incredible. I\'m proud to say i\'ve purchased the game and really hope that you continue your hard work.

Thanks For this amazing game, Keep it up mate.

From a very happy customer :p

ThisIsOneCrazyMonkey

Reaction score
    I am constantly amazed at the depth of gameplay mechanics that have already been laid out, and how much there is to learn and skills to improve, even in this incomplete game. I have only been playing for about a month and a half and am still getting a lot of enjoyment from my 6 bucks.

The direction this has been taken and the possibilities that I know will eventually be realized makes me really excited. The huge suggestion forum tells me I\'m not the only one. You have captured our imaginations. Thanks for that! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema.. I\'d just like to begin by saying thank you. This game is beyond what I ever expected it to be, even though its in Alpha. I started off by downloading it for free to test it, and I spent a lot of hours testing it. I thought I was going to get bored of it after a while but for some reason this game kept me hooked.

I loved minecraft, so I thought I\'d like this less. However this turned out to be a much better game (if you ask me). And even though this is still in Alpha I\'d pay 10 times the price for it. I love it!

And my brother who hates minecraft got hooked to this as well, without me even pushing him. And that says alot.

Schema, I just want you to know how much I appreciate this game, what you\'ve done and what you\'ll do to it in the future. And I\'ll happily back you up without a second thought whenever needed! You have my full support!

Thank you

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Schema is one of the few game devs I\'ve seen who actually listens to what his playerbase wants. Furthermore, he actually takes time to interact with his playerbase. That\'s why us guys at /vg/ are trying to find out when his birthday is so we can buy him beer and cake.

Reaction score
    This thread is full of warm-hearted people. I\'m surprised it got such an amazing reaction!

It\'s a helluva thing to build a game from scratch, but to have a thankful community too? There\'s less than a handful of devs in other games that can claim that fame Schema! You\'re doing great!

Reaction score
    It seems like Schema took some complaints personally , stressing himself over fairly frivolous issues. Of course , internet comments shouldn\'t be taken seriously as a general rule , but it\'s especially important to relativize in the context of starmade.

Right now the game is progressing just fine , and the increasing amount of serverside control means there\'s lots more to playtest. There\'s no rush for updates , and those who can\'t delay playing an incomplete game really need to learn patience.

Though the game is extremely ambitious , all design decisions are ultimately up to the developer alone. Not even paying customers can demand changes , and following community consensus is merely a choice of good will , not a duty. Even if some aspects end up annoying , the worst that can happen is that some people play starmade less.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That\'s good news then !

So you guys stopped impersonating schema (this is my game and [..]) in troll videos already ? Maybe it\'s time to give /vg/ a second chance.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I seriously have no idea what you\'re talking about. I highly doubt that this incident ever happened, much less by someone who posts /vg/. We have nothing but the utmost respect for schema.

I don\'t think you have a good grasp of what /vg/ is in the first place (much less visit the actual thread). If you did, you would know that schema /does/ regularly post in there, there\'s no impersonation going on in there.

Reaction score
    You have no clue what you are talking about. Schema is a gamedev, and a person, that pretty much every person over on /vg/ respects. We have nothing to gain from impersonating him, and the only thing that would happen is that he would get pissed off, and most likely stop posting on /vg/, and none of us want that.

So, in short, you are pulling things out of your ass that never happened, in a passive agressive attempt to insult /vg/.

Reaction score
    very good idea thanks so much schema you made alot of people have anew addiction and that is this game !!!!