Textures Gone Wild

Reaction score
    After a difficult couple of weeks with logic and rails refusing to work, lots of null point errors, and sector backgrounds disappearing, I did a reinstall and now all my textures have gone crazy. Any clues on how repair the texture database? Any ideas why logic and rails just quit working?
    [doublepost=1479663667,1479662900][/doublepost] starmade-screenshot-0010.png
    [doublepost=1479663702][/doublepost] starmade-screenshot-0009.png
    [doublepost=1479664326][/doublepost]Well I deleted the sky and texture folders and repaired the installation again and that seems to have fixed the block texture problems but the sector colors are still gone and my logic and rails are still offline.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Well my first guess would be that you are using the old realistic pack, which is no longer supported. Start with default and see if it cleans it up at all.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The title made me more excited than I'd like to admit.

Reaction score
    After a difficult couple of weeks with logic and rails refusing to work, lots of null point errors, and sector backgrounds disappearing, I did a reinstall and now all my textures have gone crazy. Any clues on how repair the texture database? Any ideas why logic and rails just quit working?
    [doublepost=1479663667,1479662900][/doublepost]View attachment 34819
    [doublepost=1479663702][/doublepost]View attachment 34820
    [doublepost=1479664326][/doublepost]Well I deleted the sky and texture folders and repaired the installation again and that seems to have fixed the block texture problems but the sector colors are still gone and my logic and rails are still offline.
    This happened to me

Reaction score
    Well my first guess would be that you are using the old realistic pack, which is no longer supported. Start with default and see if it cleans it up at all.
    I am using the default textures only. Deleting the texture folder and repairing the install seems to have done the trick. I appreciate the advice though. I thought all that stuff would be atomically updated when new version are installed. Still missing the colored sectors of space. Everything has gone just black and starry.

I was messing around with some of the graphic settings yesterday. As soon as I am 20 meters away from an object, the surfaces start disappear. I may selected something that caused an error.