Textures go all wrong - only in build mode

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Basically I'm trying to run this game on my old laptop as I'm away on holiday. Anyway it runs a bit like I would expect but it does run. The thing is after the last patch the textures all change to wood, dirt and brown armor BUT ONLY IN BUILD MODE. Outside of that everything is good but in buildmode the core flashes through textures and whatever I'm working on changes to wood, dirt and brown armor. Any ideas would be welcome. My wife and son are about to watch Hop.

Please help me.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Check that all resolutions (the 128 and 64 directories) of the texture pack match, i.e. have the same texture layouts. Or just remove the directories for resolutions other than the one you've set, while you're working on the textures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Using the realistic pack? Don't. Switch to 'default'

If you're already using default, try a reinstall.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Check that all resolutions (the 128 and 64 directories) of the texture pack match, i.e. have the same texture layouts. Or just remove the directories for resolutions other than the one you've set, while you're working on the textures.
    OK I took out everything except the 64 folder on the default pack (which is what I've chosen). Still happening.
    Using the realistic pack? Don't. Switch to 'default'

If you're already using default, try a reinstall.
    Reinstall the texture of starmade?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sorry, I think I misunderstood your original post when I first read it. I'm a bit stumped by the "only in build mode" aspect. The BlockConfig.xml file (which can also be changed in the launcher's block editor mod tool) determines the block's texture, number of distinct face textures, and animation properties via the Texture, IndividualSides, and Animated elements. But those should affect build mode and flight/astronaut mode equally.

The GL_MULTIDRAW advanced setting can have some interesting effects not entirely unlike the texture cycling you described; might see if toggling it does anything for you. Other than that try starting back from default settings, perhaps via a fresh install if necessary.