Tethyscraft: The Emris War [Faction PVP] [Reduced lag blueprint system][Custom pirates][Storyline]

Reaction score

Vote for us on starmade-servers.com! Doing so yields no reward(as it is not possible to put a system in place to do so) But will leave a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing you helped us.

http://starmade-servers.com/server/340/

Tethyscraft Trailer (First of many videos to come)

http://youtu.be/Qrx_oLPYtXU

Looking for admins and builders

If you are an active starmade player or a good builder, I would love to have you help on this server building many different classes of ships, turret platforms and more. Reply back on this post. Many thanks.

Storyline:

In a distant galaxy, rife with struggle and pain, a group was born out of the ashes to protect the innocent. A powerful group of governments made out of combined pools of over a hundred planets' resources created the federation one year ago today. The federation is still in its infancy, but already there are forces trying to destroy it. The evil resistance decided long ago that the federation is a corrupt dictatorship. Whether or not this is true, you will just have to find out.

What is it then? Will you join the federation and protect the innocent, and take advantage of the resources the federation can give you?

Or will you join the resistance, knowing in your heart the federation is corrupt, and take it upon yourself to form guerrilla strikes against the enemy, making alliances with any powerful force you can find, helping anyone left behind by the federation?

Or perhaps you don't particularly care. Want to supply anyone who'll have your weapons? Who cares, war is good for business, right?

Whatever you choose, just know: the federation is watching.

Recent RP news:

Recently, the ever growing threat of resistance fighters has just gotten bigger. Resistance fighters have developed a new ship, named the dauntless, and distributed amongst high ranking officials. A coordinated assault on the home sectors of the federation has left the spawn area and surrounding sectors with all but two turret platforms, and ships in retreat. It seems that the federation had misjudged the power of the resistance, and paid dearly for it. Though more turret platforms are on its way, the galaxy will remain a very vulnerable place for the time being.

Information/Introduction

Let's be honest. Starmade, as it is now in alpha, is a bit dull. You'll get some l5 in a couple of days after killing a pirate and max our your money. It gets boring. This is why this server was born. I've decided to add another layer to starmade by adding a storyline to my server.

SEMI RP

This means that you will be going about your business set in the galaxy that we have set up. The federation and the resistance will be an influence in the game, but it however does NOT mean you have to rp every minute of the day. You are free to RP (or not!) as you wish.

Modified pirates

This server includes modified pirates. They will take control of bigger ships that will pose more of a real threat to you. This however is balanced out by the ever growing population of federation turret platforms.

Blueprint system

The blueprint system as it is, is buggy at best. I've seen firsthand people able to spawn blueprints that can glitch you into getting almost max money by spawning a star destroyer, and i've seen ships that take up 2 sectors. This system we've put in place is simple: you can buy from the ever growing list of pre made blueprints off of the public catalog. To find this, press 'n' (or any other letter that gets you into the main menu) and then press catalog. You will find a tab called 'available'. Press that and you will find the ship list.

DISCLAIMER

The game is in alpha, and so, of course this server will be too. This means your new ship can glitch. It can go bye bye. The blueprint system helps to mitigate that but as it is, it presents too many bugs and exploits. Our system tries to find the happy balance between rampant spawning and a desolate sad place. This will hopefully make fights more meaningful: getting destroyed can mean needing to build a new ship, but on the other hand it also makes it better if you are in need of a good ship that /can/ be spawned in again. We will try our best to help with any glitches that happen, but at the end of the day, there will always be a case that it will fail, as all alpha games can.

We do however suggest you save your creations to your local catalog. If you do glitch, admins may put your blueprint on the server for you again. (if you catch one of us on a good day, of course)

Server address:

s.tethyscraft.net:4344

Reaction score
    I\'d be willing to help out on pirate ship design. I\'ve got a few reaver/zuul style ship ideas floating around that would make better NPC fodder than they would player ships.

Reaction score
    Sweet, I have a skype which is a good way to contact me, atticm is the name.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Greetings, i like the hope for this server. as for my skill i tend to try building detailed ships that look livable. perhaps even form a neutral faction at the start for \'cease fire\' for both fed and reb.

Reaction score
    If anyone wants to build for us, just contact me on skype, or PM me on the forums. My skype name is atticm. In addition, I also want to tell everyone that the forums are on the way (Just need to deal with some annoying DNS!), and in the forums we will have a section for player made schematics to be approved and put on the server. That\'s all.

Have a nice day.

Reaction score
    Post some pictures of any current builds that you have. please. Thanks for your interest

Reaction score
    I am a decent builder, all of my ships are functional and look nice, although sometimes an idea backfires, like my large ships with huge engines but slim front end. Other than that, I think I am a good builder. I would also like some RP, as well. :)

A picture of one of my best-looking builds:

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention I am going to join the Federation. See you in space!

Reaction score
    Looks awesome. For now though until i get my website up to get everything organized and whatnot, I won\'t really be accepting anyone all that formally. So just sit tight for the time being, and soon we\'ll have the website.

Reaction score
    I would be interested in being a builder. One thing though; was the \'recent attack\' that destroyed a large number of turret platforms player driven? If so, l would like to build ships for the federation. They may need more firepower. I also need some inspiration. To this end, what style are you going for with their ships?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My first combat on a server with another player involved was a co-op against one of the Retributors...tough b too. Im definitely looking to get involved, I want to stick with one server and I like what you\'re going for with this one. ttys

Reaction score
    The attacks were an rp event that \"happened\" before the server opened - basically the news served to make the resistance a real threat. Apps will open soon for builder once again - I just need to fix the forums and they are a real pain because of my damn web hosting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Building Contest~!

Today, 8/15/13. 1200hrs noon PST. Two hours build time, combat ready stealth corvette.

1st 200mil

2nd 100mil

3rd 50mil

All three winners have the option of joining the corp without having to undergo an internship.

Reaction score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrx_oLPYtXU

Made a trailer, kind of looks weird because it is an alpha game after all.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Some pics of my second and third ships, as well as the planetary Headquarters of Ragnarok Inc with the shipyard in orbit and the Fafnir_II (second ship) docked. All three we\'re recently damaged in a recent bout of warfare, causing the planet to be abandoned, and the smaller (second) ship to be scrapped. Repairs and refit of the Ragnarok flagship (third), is going to take awhile.