Read by Council terraforming as a weapon of salvage destruction

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    so i have been thinking, and i see that a while ago people have been suggesting about terraforming (ie 2013)

and today i was playing around with a tyranid-ish salvager i had made, and i found that i could only salvage the purple planets if i was to construct more tyranids (i use terrain blocks) and this got me thinking, perhaps a terraforming block that can be placed on a planet that gradually creates the chosen planet type or biome (because hopefully biomes are coming).

now you might be thinking, "oh this could be used for griefing on a quite literally planetary scale" and so i reply with this, "it should only replace planet/biome specific blocks and build on top of what is already there, and takes a long-ish time to do so over the plate, and eventually the whole planet. and the block should be placed on the surface for it to work, thus encouraging more planetary combat to destroy the block before the planet is mutated" then you would reply with "oh, so if i have a planet i have to protect it?" and then i would nod my head and ride off under a rainbow on a dragon.

and this might mean that a terraformer could be used to gain more resources from a planet. such as it generates more ores in chains, 2x resource gain from orbit, blah blah blah.

further more once fleets are in, an infiltrator could be used to build the block on the planet and then call in reinforcements in the form of an attacking fleet to take the planet and to defend it from attack, once the planet has been terraformed a second wave of reinforcements could be called, this time in the form of salvagers to then mine the now resource richer planet.

now i think that would be cool

and feel free to suggest ways this could be improved.

Reaction score
    Yep, definitely a still active suggestion, those threads are probably still a better place than a new thread, because the more spread out the idea is, the more diluted it becomes and the devs have less to work with. ;)