Ten Lux Shipyard

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    Currently working on three ships. Thought I'd share them. These are all more or less works in progress.

First ship.
    Name: LUX Rocklamator
    Length: 90 meters
    Description: Miner / carrier. Suitable for newbies to learn how carriers work (or will be once I finish logic). Intended to become a public ship.
    starmade-screenshot-0006.png

Second ship.
    Name: To be determined
    Length: 200 meters.
    Description: Role to be determined. Could be a heavy miner, could be a frigate. Might try to do both.
    starmade-screenshot-0008.png

Third Ship.
    Name: LUX Eclipse IDE
    Length: 400 meters.
    Description: Brawler cruiser. Not suitable for newbies, is turning into a very heavy craft (at least 90k mass).

starmade-screenshot-0009.png

Group shot. The gray blob is the faithful miner fetching the countless amounts of ore for all these projects.

starmade-screenshot-0012.png

Last edited:

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    Learned a few things about shipbuilding in the new game, decided to scrap both of my existing keeps and try again in the 250-300 meter range. Laid some hull down, did a basic power setup and logged off. Came back and disaster! Half my ship was missing! Fix your broken crap, schema.

starmade-screenshot-0021.png

That's probably a solid hour of effort that just got wiped out. Schema, fix your broken skub code, this ship is docked to a homebase and the only one with permissions for it is me!

Spent another couple hours fixing this broken POS, and got something that looks halfway decent.

starmade-screenshot-0024.png

Took the opportunity to truncate the entire nose segment, shortening the ship from 300 meters back to 250, which is where i'd originally planned it. The engines and the nose each wound up taking about 25 meters more than I thought.

starmade-screenshot-0025.png

First RP room is complete, this is an airlock with some EVA vehicles. Due to lag considerations they're entirely decorative, if I take this into combat I don't want to accidentally start a bunch of collisions mid-fight.

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    Going to call this one the LUX CL Leonidas. Interior still needs work, and aft portion still needs detailing, but I think the front and the guts are 100% complete.

starmade-screenshot-0035.png

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    starmade-screenshot-0041.png

On your left is the new heavy miner LUX SV Conway, on your right is the old LUX Froghopper. Similar capabilities, but the new one is about 5o meters shorter and has twice as much juice.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Going to call this one the LUX CL Leonidas. Interior still needs work, and aft portion still needs detailing, but I think the front and the guts are 100% complete.

View attachment 50072

Hey... The fact that you posted that update picture, without a single mention of or even an indirect reference to those two ginormous brick turrets on the ship's nose, makes that post one of the most comedically valuable SMD posts in recent times.

As if they didn't need an explanation. I lol'd :ROFLMAO:

I mean this positively, of course... It looks decent overall, and I'm sure it performs well too. Nice job! (y)

Last edited:

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    Hey... The fact that you posted that update picture, without a single mention of or even an indirect reference to those two ginormous brick turrets on the ship's nose, makes that post one of the most comedically valuable SMD posts in recent times.

As if they didn't need an explanation. I lol'd :ROFLMAO:

I mean this positively, of course... It looks decent overall, and I'm sure it performs well too. Nice job! (y)
    Did they need mentioning? Also you can see a third one on the ship's underside, with a matching fourth one under the other wing.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Did they need mentioning? Also you can see a third one on the ship's underside, with a matching fourth one under the other wing.

They needed mentioning only in the way a striking oddity/anomaly on an otherwise every-day scene usually gets a word of explanation. For example, imagine a publicly shared, mundane birthday photo with someone blowing the candles on a cake... except there would be a cigar-smoking monkey dressed like Keith Richards sitting on each of his shoulders. Posting that photo without a word of explanation would amplify the comic effect of the scene's abnormality (as if that kind of thing was normal in the eye of the poster). I explained this just for the hell of it ;)

And yeah I noticed the third turret on the bottom, and assumed it has a counterpart on the other side... Four of them, even nicer! I imagine they pack a lot of firepower with that amount of internal volume.