Temporary Chat Dead?

Reaction score
    So I've been unable to get into the temporary chat system for the last several days- for no apparent reason. I go to connect, it says it's attempting to connect and just sits there until I close the window (Longest run was approximately twenty-four hours.) Help?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    So I've been unable to get into the temporary chat system for the last several days- for no apparent reason. I go to connect, it says it's attempting to connect and just sits there until I close the window (Longest run was approximately twenty-four hours.) Help?
    I have had this happen to me before too. But only for a day. It worked for me if I logged in as smwebuser, and then changed my name after I was in chat. I'd suggest trying that if you haven't already. :/

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I think it has to do with the Client Starmade is using (Kiwi IRC) :u Been locked out a few times myself, and not even using the Smwebuser name worked.
    Could try downloading a different IRC client and connecting from that?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    HexChat is a pretty good alternative IRC client for download. Its the one that I use to script commands when i right click peoples names like slaps :)

Reaction score
    Most multi-clients can do IRC (like Trillian, Miranda or Pidgin), the network is irc.esper.net. You can also use an alternative IRC web client (see Google :P ).

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    You can easily use this applet.

Works quite fast, and may be an alternative login to our site chat.

- Andy