Read by Council Tell people that 64-bit JAVA is Highly Recommended when downloading

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The title says it all. I cannot tell you how many people I have had tell me their game runs horribly. Or watched them crash over and over. Or people tell me they cannot hear sound. Or seen posts on the forums of people saying their game crashes when they try to run it (and the subsequent "fix" of installing 64-bit java). And just think about all the people we haven't heard from, who simply never play the game because it didn't work after they downloaded it.

And all of this simply because they are using the default download that the java website takes them to.. the 32-bit version of Java. At one time 64-bit java was kind of buggy, but now it really should be the standard, and StarMade really needs it to run correctly. So my suggestion is to recommend it on the download screen.

Reactions: alterintel

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The new launcher comes with the correct versions of Java, including 64bit. This will be a thing of the past when that is mainstream

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The new launcher comes with the correct versions of Java, including 64bit. This will be a thing of the past when that is mainstream
    Oh wow, I did not know that. Thank you. I tried out the beta launcher, and yep, looks like they bundle the java with it. Cool! It looks like my suggestion is a few years too late, lol. Might still be good in the meantime, depending on when they will be releasing the beta launcher though.