Teleporting ships

Reaction score
    1) teleporting isanths, or buggy game
    So I downloaded a large ship for reference while building. In the middle pirates started attacking, so i hopped into the large ship to try and fight them. *Try* being the operative word here.

Every once in a while (anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute), the camera automatically realigns, and somehow the pirate ships teleport over a kilometer away for a couple seconds, becoming untargetable, before teleporting right back where they would have been had they continued in a straight line. Sometimes, I had to fly my ship over a kilometer to start firing on that isanth again. All in all, it took >10 minutes for me to destroy them, most of which was spent trying to chase after teleporting ships. most definitely not a good time

2) instant velocity change?
    While flying near planets, often i'll be heading forwards in one direction, before somehow, while still facing the same direction, my velocity changes so that i'm moving sideways. It gets really annoying really fast.

^as to this being caused by lag: the computer i'm using runs on intel i7 4720HQ @ 2.6 Ghz. graphics card is nvidia gtx 960m
    Is the game seriously that resource intensive that this computer can't handle it?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sectors tend to bug at corners. Make sectors bigger from server settings... Like 4000m or even bigger. The bigger the sectors the smaller the chance to hit a corner area.

That's the initial solution before they fix the bug that's been around for years.

EDIT:
    To be precise, go to Starmade/Starmade/server.cfg and change SECTOR_SIZE = 4000 (or some other bigger number)

Reaction score
    typically happens in sectors near planets, or with default small sector sizes while moving fairly fast. super common bug.