Teleporting outside of ship when inside ships gravity

Reaction score

this bug only happens when i am in its own gravity field. so, in the pictures you can see that i get from point A to point B which is A = the inside of my ship B = the outside of my ship even its gravity well. and how does this happen? i simply use a gravity module on my ship to be anchored to the ships own gravity. then i get inside the missle computer, next i then somehow get from point A to point B which is from the inside of my ship then to the outside of my ship

APPERENTLY THIS CAN WORK OUTSIDE OF GRAVITY TOO when using EVEN a simple ship core. nothing. but a. simple. ship. core. it sends me METERS away from it. very annoying...

the bug where i teleport out of a simple core while not in its gravitational field only seems to happen when the ship has moved a few miles out and when i leave the ship core

Reaction score
    I got this bug too. I was parking my ship next to a shop near some planets. Then I exited my ship and spawned several hundred methers away (500m or more, don\'t know any more). Then the hole shop is flying away with my ship! o_O

I looked to the distance: \"800m.....900m....1km.....1,5km...\". Of course I had no core in my inventory to build a little shuttle. After some really annoying minutes (I was too busy to bite into my keyboard instead of looking at the time) I arrived the store and my ship. The crazy thing is, that the shop was at its starting-point, after I arrived it, but I saw it\'s moving! O.O

Reaction score
    I got this bug too. I was parking my ship next to a shop near some planets. Then I exited my ship and spawned several hundred methers away (500m or more, don\'t know any more). Then the hole shop is flying away with my ship! o_O

I looked to the distance: \"800m.....900m....1km.....1,5km...\". Of course I had no core in my inventory to build a little shuttle. After some really annoying minutes (I was too busy to bite into my keyboard instead of looking at the time) I arrived the store and my ship. The crazy thing is, that the shop was at its starting-point, after I arrived it, but I saw it\'s moving! O.O

Well, that shop(or you) was orbiting a star.
    EDIT:

Just happend to me, got teleported 1.3km from my miner after I spawned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think the error is that the area surrounding whatever you are exiting (be it ship core, weapons computer, etc) is too small, or at an angle that would get you stuck in a wall. So, it teleports you a certain distance to try fix this. Of course, it\'s usually worse. I\'ve gotten out of my ship on a planet only to be stuck in the world itself. I would suggest making larger more open areas around your ship core so when you exit you won\'t get this problem. Also, if you enter the ship\'s gravity before entering the core it will usually teleport you like you expect, but this is by no means a solution. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe a function to select the ship core and designate a 2 block tall exit area within so many blocks from the core would help aleviate this problem. The designated area would have to only be visable in build mode and could be either selected and built on like invisible blocks. It could be a core function or ,if it had to be. placed down like a core exspansion block.

Reaction score
    i think it is similar to when u build a space station, and u jump off it when using its gravity. the gravity is still acive for a moment when u jump off so u go farther than u would if u jumped off while being in space\'s vacuum (like u would go anywhere from jumping in space). so it usually dumps u out of your sip and underneath it (for me) when i leave a s hop. the gravity is just still enabled on u when u got onto your ship (as in entering the core) and it is actin the exact same way. it would be nice if they changed that but it is really not exactly a bug.