teleporting\beaming

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    first i want to make it klear that i am from norway and therfor i am not very god at writing english.

My ide is that you can teleporte\beam down to planets or to enemy ships or frendly ships, you can use it as an escape mecanisme if your ship is almoste broken but your teleporter\beam ting is still working you can teleporte\beam down to the planet below or to the enemy ship and then take ower the comand of the enemy ship by doing a minigame of som kind and hak in to the enemy ships core, pleas put this in the game i would realy like it thanks for reading of you did

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1: the hacking mini game. I would like if the hacking mini game for hacking the enemy ships core is some kind of basic c++ example it starts with that you need to find the password for the core i dont know how the password wil be achived but i might come with an idea later.

2: beaming to a planet. First you activate it in a hot bar maybe the weapon hot bar, and then you place a red circle and then you left click and then you appear there, and it would be cool if you could teleporte to astroides with the waypoint on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this seems like an interesting concept, it would make it easier to get outta places alive, and maybe also tractor beans while we\'re on this

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think it would help a lot wen going to planets since it is nerly imposible to take-of wen you hawe landed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think being able to teleport from your ship back to your base would be very helpful. This way you can have one main base and take multiple ships to multiple places.

Reaction score
    Sorry for what is, essentially, a necro post. I didn\'t want to start a new thread for something that already had one. And I know it\'s a little rough and hard to follow, if anyone would like to simplify this they are welcome.

Expanding on honningdverg\'s idea of beaming: Since Schema is planning on some sort of warp drive for decreased traveling times, if beaming is implimented why not allow for transwarp beaming? A special component can be added to the beaming computer that allows for longer beaming distances(coordinate based beaming). For balance, another special component that is difficult to obtain would allow for beaming to a ship traveling at warp velocities. You will also need to have had it setup before hand, as in order to beam onto a warping ship you would need to know is heading.

Here is can go two ways:

1) Someone can have infiltrated the targeted crew or faction and planted a tracking device somewhere on the ship that will transmit its vector*** to the beaming computer.

2) An entirely new system could be implimented that would allow for tracking of objects(for balance you would have to \"scan\" the desired object into the tracking computer). The display of the information would be simple: On your display it would show a box where the target is located(regardless of distance, kind of like how WoW allows you to set a target as Focus) along with 2 numbers indicating it\'s direction and velocity. These would then be put into the beaming computer manually.

***vector

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seems rather overpowered and makes some parts of the game pointless. Some things in the game are hard for a reason and it\'s better that way.

Reaction score
    Good point. I got carried away with the idea(I tend to over complicate things, sorry). Simple beaming would be nice, either coordinate based(unable to beam to another ship without it being in range...and the shields down) or like honningdverg said where you use point-and-\'port instead.