Tekt Astirodes are to close to the sun???

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    idk why but tekt seems to spawn in the sun damage areas only i know that tekt is a ash style roid and stuff but i want to be able to use my nice looking ships to mine tekt and even with the new chamber set up a few blocks will get burt up in the sun per asaroid and you cant even tell what blocks it is that you lose

Reactions: Dvaren
    Reaction score
    To my knowledge, asteroid locations are randomly determined and each type can occur anywhere in the universe, so it may just be bad luck on your end. Of course, I could be misinformed.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    If all the tekt asteroids you find seem to spawn only close to the star (or you don't want to fly to another system) then you can try sniping the asteroids or use defense chambers. Another option I think is to use the destroy_entity command on them and they may respawn in better areas.

Reaction score
    Mining tekt is dangerous, but not always inside of a sun's radius. The first orbital in the graphic below is inside of a stars kill zone and is not safe to mine (makes for a fun challenge though), the 2nd and 3rd orbitals still support tekt, so you may need to try another star system that has one of those orbitals as a asteroid belt to be able to find tekt.

FYI, in order to get all resources out of a system safely it needs either the 2nd or 3rd orbital and the one of the 5th-7th orbitals. Don't bother setting up a home base in a sector where this is not true.

Dark Grey - Tekt
    White - Dolom
    Purple - Sugil
    Blue - Larimar
    Yellow - Lukrah
    Green - Varis
    Orange - Chabaz
    Red - Cinnabar

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    idk why but tekt seems to spawn in the sun damage areas only i know that tekt is a ash style roid and stuff but i want to be able to use my nice looking ships to mine tekt and even with the new chamber set up a few blocks will get burt up in the sun per asaroid and you cant even tell what blocks it is that you lose
    So you play on aetherion starmade. sun damage is turned off

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Add the heat damage shielding chamber to your miner? If you keep the asteroid between you and the sun it can be done, you just have to be careful and not take it all then reverse away as quickly as possible or jump to a safe location.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Add the heat damage shielding chamber to your miner? If you keep the asteroid between you and the sun it can be done, you just have to be careful and not take it all then reverse away as quickly as possible or jump to a safe location.
    lol safe location? XD I'm parked near a neutron star, what safe location?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Beside using the heat shield you can use a cannon with the pull effect to pull the roid further away from the sun...

Reactions: splatthecat
    Reaction score
    The danger of a star depends on its temperature and size. Small red stars will allow you to get quite close, while blues and especially giants have a much larger burn radius. If you want tekt, it's probably easier to claim a system with a cool star that has somewhat close asteroid belts.

Reactions: jaytime104