TBPS, or Trade Between Players System

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I was thinking we need a smooth way to be able to rapidly trade items between players.

So, I figured that we could adopt something I've seen in various mmos into starmade.

Pressing a button (any key that isn't currently mapped by default to anything right now, of schema's choice) while pointing your cursor within 10 blocks of another player outside a ship should allow you to bring up a UI where players can click on inventory items and credits (with a input number button to select how many) to allow players to offer items or credits up for trade with the other player.

to ensure the trade is done, both players must click the Accept Trade button at the bottom of the screen to make it go through.

Hopefully that makes sense, I'm away from a computer where I can draw it up right now, but I'll amend this later with a mock-up of how it could be laid out.

Reaction score
    I think dropping credits and dropping the goods at gunpoint brings out the survival feeling. What better to raise the stakes but a dangerous trade of goods with someone you do nut trust? I can see situations where this would be used in combat unfairly, and let your teammate kill someone while he is in a GUI. Even when you want a secure trade, I am pretty sure there is a lot of empty space out there. Only an idiot would try and trade at spawn anyway. Eventually starmade will have mods, so this might be an option for a more specialized server.

Reaction score
    It\'s not really much of a survival game, IMO. I don\'t really see what the big deal with this suggestion is with regards to more of a \"survival feeling\", anyway...