[TAW.NET]Gaming Community Server

Reaction score
    StarMade recruitment for TAW. NET

Looking for fun ACTIVE players for current and future Starmade Division. Check us out!!!

To join our group register at https://taw.net/themes/taw/user/application.aspx

We are currently recruiting for Fun like minded individuals for Starmade.
    We are currently 20 members strong for Starmade and growing on the North American and European side.
    We get together minimum once a week on [North America] Wednesday at 8:00 PM EST / Sunday 3:00 PM EST & [United Kingdom] Wednesday at 8:00 PM GMT / Sunday 3:00 PM GMT

Teamspeak which is free on your PC.
    We are also building up a European & North American group to game with us.
    You can download Teamspeak here at http://www.teamspeak.com/
    SERVER ADDRESS: taw.net
    SERVER PASSWORD: rewards

http://www.teamspeak.com/
    Join our StarMade Steam Group at Steam Community :: Group :: TAW - Starmade

The Art of Warfare as a gaming community supports 40 games and has over 2500 members.

What we offer in TAW:
    Structured gaming community
    Our own forums
    Our own blogs
    Our own Wikis
    Our own streaming channel on Twitch
    Our own social media: Facebook, Twitter etc...
    Mature gamers that want a laid back environment away from foul language and offensive topics.

SERVER: 149.56.20.127:4242
    tawstarmade.servegame.com:4242

What we Starmade offers in TAW:
    No Spawn Killing Zone
    Simple Spawn Shop
    Minimum Shops
    Inverted Faction Point System
    + Free Tacos!

Check us out on our website and look over our Code of Ethics and see if we are for you:
    Code of Ethics: http://taw.net/wikis/welcome/our-code-of-ethics.aspx

Add spiritedrob, Terephim and Achondroplasia to your Steam friends list for any questions and we will be happy to answer them.

Hope to be gaming with you soon.
    Bamsen [ TAW StarMade Spin Up Leader]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    GREAT SERVER! GREAT PLAYERS! GREAT BUILDS! This server is some what more challenging with limited shops but has a increased mining yield witch makes up for it. Also no blueprints can be downloaded to the server but if you ask me it makes building ships more exciting and challenging giving you a better idea of what each player is capable of.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    What we Starmade offers in TAW:
    No Spawn Killing Zone
    Simple Spawn Shop
    Minimum Shops
    + Free Tacos!
    Oh and they don't allow uploading Blueprints just a heads up.

Reaction score
    Yes we turned it off for fairness of new players so all players fight for what the have had start at the same point

Reaction score
    We will soon be placing blueprints on but with minor restrictions, we also are developing a new RP area.

We have an on going REWARDS EVENT builds with-in the starting area A 10$ Steam card and a 5$ steam card to the winner you must be a TAW member. Join in on our events for real prizes by becoming a TAW member for free! Home - TAW - The Art of Warfare - Premier Online Gaming Community

Hope to see you playing!

CRS

Reaction score
    Started playing with these guys a couple days ago, having a really good time and they really helped me learn to play as a newbie! join us for some fun!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I used to play with the GRAW 2 division, really good, helpful, and fun players. I may check this out.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Hi! I've recently joined the TaW community after I was approached by DrVox and and Mandalore regarding server configs. We're resetting today with some pretty major changes. The big ones to note are a block/mass limit for ships, and EI-style faction config. The block/mass limit is 750k blocks and 125k mass. This was a change made after consulting with Schine, considering both stability of the server and fun. This is also to encourage players to spread their resources out with fleets and other ships instead of sinking all their resources into a few super ships. The EI config changes faction points from being generated by online players. Faction points are now generated by territory. If your territory is destroyed or captured, you will begin to lose faction points. If you hit zero faction points, you may request an admin to reset your faction points. In the future, a wrapper will be used to exchange credits for faction points.

We're currently (at the time of this post) working on resetting the server and installing the configs. We will be opening with the changes shortly. Full documentation of changes can be found Below.

Edit: Server is live!

TaW Documentation

edit2: lol just fuck my config up fam

Last edited:
    Reactions: Az14el and BDLS

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    so uhh, you got blueprints useable by enemys set to default and stuff
    would be just awful if someone uploaded tiny mines or something

Otherwise woo, inverse FP + anti gigantism config needed to be done

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Uhhhhhh

So it seems territories generate 180 Fp, how long is it between each server tick and what consumes Fp?
    How much Fp does an active player consume?
    How much Fp does an offline player consume?
    How much Fp does an inactive player consume?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Another question:
    when will we get shops back? I need to sell some manufactured goods to gain credits to claim territory so I don't run out of faction points and lose my homebase...

The icons are all there, but the shops are not in the sector that the map says they are. And all trade stations seem to be replaced with a tiny red 9x9x1 wall?

And spawn station only has 147 credits in it... :confused:

Just want to know when they are coming back so I can get monies, thx.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Rumor is that da vaygyr boys were working on getting admins to remove shops and warpgates (???) for some reason, looks like it came to pass?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Rumor is that da vaygyr boys were working on getting admins to remove shops and warpgates (???) for some reason, looks like it came to pass?
    I thought the Art of Warfare people were in control of their own server, but w/e.

Reaction score
    Warpgates are still ibn as well as shops however shops are very rare and a fighting object in our server. who can keep control of the shops!?

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    yeah, nah

Shops are about as valuable as red rock.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    yeah, nah

Shops are about as valuable as red rock.
    well you need cash to make claim stations, and the only way to get cash is to sell manufactured goods at shops, so I would say they are slightly more valuable than red rocks.

Now what would be interesting is if shops had a invulnerable warpate system connecting themselves (shops are invulnerable, so might as well make the gates connected to them), then people might try to make space mines/forts to gank players trying to restock at shops. It would make the shops visible and easy to find, but you would need to seriously limit the number of shops in the galaxy (maybe one shop per 3x3 system cube of space, would need to be manually placed probably).