TartarusMkII Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username TartarusMkII

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): EST -5

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week?
    I am a freelancer in TV, so between sporting events, I have lots of time of nothing. Maybe an occasional week-long vacation a couple of times a year, or a weekend away for work, but generally even away I can still keep tabs.

How long have you been playing StarMade?
    I'd say about a year and a half on and off. I am still inexperienced, but my desire to learn has taught me a good understanding of the systems of the game. I reckon this fits well with my desire to represent the new player's perspective.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade?
    Currently I have yet to find a true place in the game, as I am half on the fence, waiting for more mechanics to be added. But otherwise, I'd say that I am a survival player, interested in industry, constructing ships to sell, stations for people to exist at, and leading factions.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member?
    I get genuine enjoyment out of writing, organizing, and constructing (in the context of community management). I feel that when I play a game I enjoy, it's very difficult to stop myself from wanting to be involved, whether it be in growing a community, or just improving a game in general. I have experience with such things as well, over the course of my time on the interwebs.

What are some of your weaknesses?
    I have a tendency to over-deliberate, and discuss much further than what is necessary to get a point across. I don't think that this ever devolves into arguing, but I do debate very hard, and I am actually trying to teach myself how to disengage from discussions. I am certainly not an arguer though. I'd also say I can get discouraged a bit easily, but from what I've figured, there's really nothing that I can face as a councilor that would discourage me in the way that I'm used to shutting me down.

What motivates you to become a council member?
    I see Starmade as a game with enormous potential. Before recent changes to the structure of Schine, I saw that there was problems with the community, and how ideas were being traded around. I felt that if I wanted Starmade to reach a point that was most fun for me personally, the community itself would need a lot of help to encourage the game to grow. I am a community-minded collectivist who wants to use his skills and experience to assist Schine in making the game great, in all of its aspects, but focused on the health of the community, and the game's player retention factors.

How do you contribute to the community currently?
    I have taken a hiatus, and have just returned. Already I have offered a few detailed suggestions to the forum, offering my feedback on an amount of ideas. I already have plenty of ideas to assist the community, such as making a task force of new players to specifically generate feedback about different stages of learning the game.

I am also already aware that I can do this work without being on the council, but I feel that I could best serve the community with a title, letting people know that they can come to me to collect and take their ideas to a better format where we can really make the best use of them.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

0 Warning Points

Status
    Not open for further replies.