"Target Docking area is too small for this ship."

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get the above message ("Target Docking area is too small for this ship.") when trying to dock two ships together. Originally, I made a core and docked it to the larger ship, and then built the ship while it was attahed. After undocking, I could not attach it again. The docking area isn't blocked, and a smaller ship is still able to dock.
    I see that there's a cube representing the docking area (which is smaller than my ship), and that this is probably intended behavior. Is it currently possible to enlarge the area? I tried surrounding it with Docking Enhancers, but the area stayed the same size (what are docking enhancers supposed to do anyway?).
    In addition, I'm encountering what I presume is a bug whereby docking tiles can be oriented in different directions, and the ship will dock with that side of the tile, but you can still only begin docking if you're facing the front of the tile (relative to the whole ship). This means the forward side of the block must be accessible, even if you're docking on the back side.
    Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
    the docking units work like most of the other controllers they need to be targeted first. i believe the command to select objects was C(or was it V?) by default, then place the enhancers while it's highlighted.
    edit: there should be an arrow pointing while your placing the unit, make sure it's facing away from what you are building it on(i think you hold left ctrl and move the mouse to change the orientation, haven't fiddled with the game in a while tbh)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you Nightarix, I just wasn't eselecting the docking unit. Yeah, ctrl is for orientation. Wierd thing is, I don't think I changed anything, but I'm connecting normally now, so that's cool too.