• 1/4
    • 1/2
    • 3/4
    • Corner
    • Hepta
    • Tetra
    • Wedge
    • No light, no lightrod?
    It works out to 24-26 more IDs being used. Seems worth it, to me.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454952850,1454952793][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No. Brown is good as it is, and it's its own thing. If we wanted brown changed we'd ask for brown to be changed, but it has its own uses so no.
    light hull - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    standard hull - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    hardened hull - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    Crystal armor - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    (32)
    even though its only 32,we do kinda have to stop with this,we are lucky we got teal and grey even tho we had to spend 64 more IDs
    I saw 1% of the secret features that are planned,And I would start looking into things we dont need so we can delete some ids hahaah
    thats how scary this id thing is ,well for me atleast

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Beige glass? Is there really any need for beige glass? If anything we can just lighten the brown crystal armor a little bit; I don't think anyone will care too much as a lighter color would still get the same idea across.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    In any case, Skylord, isn't it a bit above the Council's pay grade to go rejecting things anyway? I mean, if it has been expressly rejected by a dev in the past, then quote them and reject it. Otherwise I'd just say leave it alone. But then I don't make the rules either :P

Reaction score
    For those asking directly, I've not had a hand in the recent mis used rejections or planned tags to visual suggestions.
    I was beginning to think i was the only one who felt this way

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    reading this thread now,I see quite a lot of people dont use light brown hull :/ ,its pretty much close to this (dont kill me if wrong,I might be going blind :D )
    there..but also imagine this guys. how many more IDs would this be:
    -> +5 (cube,wedge,tetra,penta,corners) for standard
    -> +5 more for normal
    -> +5 more for hardened
    -> +5 more for crystal
    -> +20 more for slabs for all the above categories
    -> lights
    This isn't really a valid defence any more with schema having said that he is willing to increase the id limit in the future.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    light hull - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    standard hull - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    hardened hull - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    Crystal armor - cube,tetra,penta,hepta,corner , 1/4 ,1/3 ,1/2 slabs (8)
    (32)
    even though its only 32,we do kinda have to stop with this,we are lucky we got teal and grey even tho we had to spend 64 more IDs
    I saw 1% of the secret features that are planned,And I would start looking into things we dont need so we can delete some ids hahaah
    thats how scary this id thing is ,well for me atleast
    Re tag to Read by Council please. CIR

Last edited:
    D

Deleted member 433088

Well, it's good that the discussion was stirred up, I think. It seems there is a bit of a confusion/miscomunication when it comes to the block ID issue, since I see people stating it is a hard limit and other stating it can be expanded... it would be nice to have a dev clarify on the stance about these things so we can have a solid ground to build suggestions upon xD
    For reference, the latest solid thing I've been able to find is Schema's statement when slabs were introduced.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Grey is StarMade's beige, much like "heather" is Scotland's beige. However, we should still get beige as a color for recreations. That picture posted of the Enterprise-D's bridge is a perfect example of beige popping up in an unexpectedly common way. I, too, have been struck with the need to "rethink" a beige surface with a replacement color.

Reaction score
    I don't know who asked for teal, but I thank them because teal lights are quite possibly my new favorite lighting, right alongside red. I was shocked at dark grey being a thing, but again I've really come to love it especially in conjunction with regular grey.
    Indigo, Pink, and Dark Grey hull please.
    ;)

I see a use for teal lights much more than a use for teal hull. I don't see a necessity for "brown" lights - but another shade of brown hull, definitely.
    Just as I'd love to have more subdued shades of green and red; I have reverted green to the older, more olive tone in my personal texture pack, but I'd love to have both, and more, as an option.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I don't see a necessity for "brown" lights
    I don't know if you were there for that "shitty" ;) thread, but indeed, someone does explicitly have a use for brown lights.

Anyway, I'm glad the staff might be more open to this idea. Beige would be sweet for some desert-camo style armored ships.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't know if you were there for that "shitty" ;) thread, but indeed, someone does explicitly have a use for brown lights.

Anyway, I'm glad the staff might be more open to this idea. Beige would be sweet for some desert-camo style armored ships.
    I'd say that there is definitely a use for that

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Dark red, beige, dark green, and dark blue would complete the color palette, but Kupu doesn't seem to want to do dark versions of existing colors. Too bad... Beige hull is still a possibility though it seems

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    And if you want uses for beige...

It makes for a great stand-in for bronze!

It's perfect for awesome Cardassian spaceships!

...And more! Get yours today for the low price of just 24 block IDs plus spaceshipping and handling. Call right now at 1800-33-BEIGE or visit www.beigehull.com to order!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3

And if you want uses for beige...

It makes for a great stand-in for bronze!

It's perfect for awesome Cardassian spaceships!

...And more! Get yours today for the low price of just 24 block IDs plus spaceshipping and handling. Call right now at 1800-33-BEIGE or visit Kupu's thread to order!
    How could I forget the Cardassians! The ultimate space villains. As soon as survival becomes big in the game again, I'm gonna have to find a wormhole on a server and build DS9 to link the Gamma quadrant.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How could I forget the Cardassians! The ultimate space villains. As soon as survival becomes big in the game again, I'm gonna have to find a wormhole on a server and build DS9 to link the Gamma quadrant.
    Terok Nor has been built several times, but I don't think anyone has put it near a wormhole yet :p

I'm more interested in Galor-class ships. They've only been attempted twice, as far as I know, and both times (no offense to the builders) it... wasn't perfect.