Taking Ideas from all of my Sci-fi knowledge and putting them here. From weapons to planets.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I'm posting this to start a serious thread for the ideas that Ive had about how changes could be made to the game. I do this with the understanding that somethings are simply rediculous or impossible to do with this game. I will also be using multiple sources of inspiration for all of my ideas.

Weapons

Currently there are 3 types of missiles and 1 type of cannon. Antimatter cannons are a good start to the game but I bet there are others who would like more. There are quite a number of options to choose from as well. I would have considered adding a laser cannon here but the antimatter cannon is pretty much just that.

Accuracy: I think all weapons should have a bit of inaccuracy. It was mentioned in another thread. Even with advanced technology your weapons wont always hit and I've learned this from many other games. This should be no different here.

Beam Cannons/weapons. These are the cannons that you'd see on massive ships. Things like this have been seen in Star Wars and EVE Online, as well as plenty of others I'm sure. They would be mostly used for attacking another large ship. They should require a large amount of power and the the projectile beam should be continuous as opposed to the antimatter cannon that fires bursts. It should also require a larger amount of blocks in order for it to be effective. Since these would be fitted on a capital ship there would be space enough for it anyway.

Ion cannons/emp cannons. The Ion cannon from star wars disabled ships. Essentially electromagnetic pulse (emp) cannons do the same thing. However they both can be different to incorporate variety. The EMP cannon could be used to attempt to disable someones systems. For the most part, EMP would effect shields the most, as shields are an energy barrier, and EMP's are meant to disrupt electrical and energy systems. EMP's could also be used to lower stats on weapon systems and drain small amounts of power each shot. It would sort of act like a debuff. When a weapon is hit with an EMP its stats would go down a few points. After a few moments it could return to normal. Perhaps one of the stats of the EMP cannon itself could be how long the debuff lasts along with the other regular stats for weapons. The Ion cannon could be the capital ship version of this. It would act like a beam weapon. Over time the beam would drain shields and weapon stats. Both of these weapons would hardly have any effect if at all on the armor blocks. It would be purely for disabling systems. I know there is already a power drain beam, for that read on.

Energy Neutrailzer: As I understand it, the powerdrain beam is this weapon. It drains enemy power and returns it to your own ship. The same thing can be found in EVE Online. This weapon stands out from emp and ion cannons because of the fact that it steals power. I dont want to seem like I am repeating the same two weapons here. This type of gun should probably stay the way it is. It should be able to fit any size ship. It also goes well with logistics weapons. More about that below.

Remote Repair. Essentially the PowerSupply Beam is this weapon. The astrotechnician is another. I believe that there could be one more however. Perhaps a beam that restored another ships shields could be implimented? You already have 2 down and I dont see why the dev couldnt add another. If power, can be stolen and given, and armor damaged and repaired, then why cant shields get boosted after they are taken down? Just makes sense really and if shields are going to stay as nerfed as they are then perhaps this could even it out again without touching the shield mechanics at all. It wouldnt be a direct fix as it requires someone to transfer shielding to another person.

Missiles/rockets: Currently I think that missiles and rockets in game are overpowered for the number of blocks they take. Missiles could be just as complex as the weapon I stated above, in that they could deal EMP damage or hull damage or just explode. For now I think tuning them down would be sufficient. Once shields are gone rockets can annihilate a ship and it seems a bit too blunt. I also find the rocket mechanics sort of strange. The more blocks means the rocket does more damage? Why? Does it propell it faster? Further? Why would the launch tube determine the damage caused by a rocket. Does a larger rocket array mean the rocket is larger? It sorta makes no sense. While range and accuracy and speed could be determined by a launch tube, the actual warhead would be determined by the rocket itself. I'd rather have the damage, and blast radius of the rocket determined by the type I'm firing rather than the launch tube.

General Ship Stuff

Gravity: I read somewhere that gravity should be a doorway that one enters and their gravity is turned on or off. I countersuggested that gravity should instead have an area of effect. This way a person could enter a gravity field and feel its effects without having to touch a button. Gravity shouldnt draw much power and its area of effect could increase significantly with each gravity unit placed. It would mean however another stat and possibly another load on the computers :-/ The gravity unit should have 3 different states if its implimented this way. Always on, Always off, or Area of Effect. This way we could keep the mechanics of the current gravity unit and add the new one where entering a gravity well would force you to land.

Oxygen: I know that it will be implimented in the game eventually. I think that theres some simple solutions and complex ones. A simple solution would be to activate a block, refilling your oxygen supply. They should reqiure power to perform. And of course the larger the life support system, the more effiecient it is. People would need an oxygen refill every 30 minutes? maybe an hour? The complex version would be to use life support systems to create an area of effect like the gravity unit idea above. Entering it would refill oxygen, draining it from the area. The larger the area, the larger the system has to be in order to handle it. That might seem like a bit much but for space station but I think it'd be more realistic.

Forcefields: If you've watched Star Wars, or Star Trek then you'll see their forcefields eventually. They mostly serve to contain air in a ship where there are hull breaches or landing bays. I think they can be used for this as well as a defence. It should be a simple block that extends the forcefield in one direction. The further the distance the more power it requires. The more forcefield blocks the more efficient. Then we can have a strip of forcefield blocks on our hangers protecting us intead of plexdoors, which arent seen on hanger openings as much. I think itd add to the sci fi feel of the game. They could be shot at with weapons in order to take them down and set to prevent ships or players from opposing factions from entering until they forced off or destroyed.

Warp drives and star gates:

This is the big one. First Id like to say that I think both of these should be used. Ive heard that warp drives and jump gates should be attached to your ship before you use them. This seems as though it would never work. I do not want to fly my ship into some dockable ring in order to travel at warp. A warp drive should be small enough to attach to any ship. I have no clue how a warp drive would have to translate into game code. Would it make us travel faster? Would it be a limited type of teleport? As for the stargate I think these things are DOPE. EVE uses them and of course things like the Stargate series as well. They should not require that you fit inside it. You could use your core and target the jump gate in order to use it just like docking although any part of the gates structure would allow it to activate. Its range should be dependant on its powersupply. Any ship that uses it should loose something in the process, whether it be shields or power or both. Jump/star gates should only be able to transport a person to another jump/star gate that has been built.

Planets

Currently my only wish for planets is to make them a bit larger and a bit more spaced apart. I feel as if they arent worth that they should be. Of course aliens are already being worked on so I shall wait and see what comes up when they are implimented.

**EDIT**

Radar and stealth.

Earlier I saw a post about how small ships, under 5 mass would not show up on radar because they are too small for it to detect. That seems like complete bull imo. A fighter is not meant to be invisible. Its meant to be a quick way of delivering a small punch without being easily targeted, to harass smaller ships. Fighters also shouldn’t really have the power requirements to use a stealth system. My solution: The smaller the size of the ship, the closer it has to be before the targeting reticle shows up. This would be based off dimensions, not mass. Radar is based on sight, not mass, so implement it that way.

Stealth

Stealth on its own is something used on frigates and cruisers. Eventually the ships will get large enough where a stealth system will be inefficient. That being said they should also be large power requirement from the stealth system. This keeps the ship balanced. They won’t have room or the power left to use on massive weapon systems, and eventually players will use stealth with ships that make sense.

Beam weapons / salvage cannons

Someone above mentioned that salvage beams should be turned into the Beam weapon idea that I had posted. While effectively they act the same way, they should stay separate types of guns. The salvage beam is useable on ships that are overheating. If that is the case then that ship was destroyed and will eventually blow up. This is the point where you come in and take what remains of the ship or haul it off somewhere to fix it or salvage it in a secure location. Beam weapons are entirely different. They shouldnt give you anything when you hit a block, it should simply destroy it. The idea is that it is a large form of the antimatter cannon and can whittle down sheilds and armor quickly. The downside is that it would require a massive amount of power to draw from, and there should even be the possibility of overheating added to these guns. Now that I think about it, overheating guns should be implimented on all systems.

Over-heating systems.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that this could turn into a big problem. The idea is that with weapons that fire energy, or lasers or antimatter, there should be some sort of disadvantage for firing them for extended periods of time or constantly. I propose adding a new block in the fashion of a cooling system. This block could be grouped together for a better effect on the weapon and would be attached to the weapon computer of the system you want to keep in check. This isn’t something that would require many blocks, one or two could suffice for a turret, even a large one. The only reason is because in so many games, theres always a downside to firing energy weapons constantly. In halo, in star wars, in eve, weapons overheat, and it should be no different here.

Specialty Blocks

This is the main suggestion I’ve thought up today. Have you ever flown around and salvaged a ship or looted an enemy in another game. You find a cool sword in WoW or better gear in a chest or an upgrade to your ship in EVE. Why wouldn’t that possibility exist for this game. What I suggest is the addition of blocks, with randomized uses and stats for your systems. What about a special power converter, that increases your recharge rate, or heat dispersers for your weapons, that increase the rate of fire. All the systems implemented in the game could benefit from this. It’d be more useful to salvage a ship and get components for anything other than just more power blocks, who says they don’t have special equipment on board? Specialty items like this should still be rare, like loot in any other game. Hidden away on pirate stations occasionally, or lost and buried on a planet. I’ve got plenty of ideas for things like this and will list them below. The names for these don’t have to be exact, I assume some sort of randomization would be implemented with this, like adding numbers and letters to the part : “ZZ-145 Power Relay”

Heres a list of some of these I thought of off the top of my head.

Shield Reinforcer - Adds a large amount of shield threshold.

Anti Antimatter Screen - Increase threshold against antimatter. **This would be useful for different types of weapons systems.

Shield Booster - Increases recharge rate of shields.

(Weapon name) Accelerator Coil - Increases speed of weapon shots.

(Weapon name) Superconductor - Increases rate of fire.

(Weapon name) Rangefinder - Increases distance of shots.

(Weapon name) Additional Charge Battery - Increases damage **Mostly a energy weapon thing

Missile Loading Bay Accelerator - Increase rate of fire

Warhead Cataylst Unit - Increases damage of missile

Warhead Fuel Cache Unit - Increases range of missile

Warhead Afterburners Unit - Increase speed of missile

Warhead Fragmentation Shells - Increases radius of missile.

Ship scanner - Provides info on ship capabilities in a separate window **Extremely rare and semi OP

Survey Scanner - Provides info on the resources available from asteroids like materials or numbers of blocks

Microwarpdrives - Gives a large boost to speed for a small amount of time. Almost like a strong push

Afterburner - Increases thrust

Overdrive Injector - Increases thrust greatly at the expense of more power. **Used in ships with small space for thrusters.

Inertia Dampeners - Increase acceleration in any direction

Inertia Stabilizers - Increase maneuverability

Reactor Control Unit - Boost power recharge rate

Power Capacitor Unit - Greatly Increase maximum power reserves

Powergrid Subroutines - Reduces power requirements for all ship systems slightly

Sensor Array Network - Increase range that objects can be locked on to

Cloak Dispersion Generator - Decreases amount of cloaking units needed to cloak a ship

Cloaking Field Regulator - Decrease power need for cloak systems

Target Painter - Combats jamming

All of these would have randomized stats and some sort of code added to it just to make it seem like specialty equipment.

For now thats all I can think of. I might edit or add comments below for anyhting else that I come up with. Please tell me what you think. And holy S#!% that was a lot of typing. Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
    The way I see it that could be done just by reprograming the salvage beam to do damage instead.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Yeah, things like that are easy enough. It would adda variety though because all we\'ve got right now is antimatter.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Radar and stealth.

Earlier I saw a post about how small ships, under 5 mass would not show up on radar because they are too small for it to detect. That seems like complete bull imo. A fighter is not meant to be invisible. Its meant to be a quick way of delivering a small punch without being easily targeted, to harass smaller ships. Fighters also shouldn’t really have the power requirements to use a stealth system. My solution: The smaller the size of the ship, the closer it has to be before the targeting reticle shows up. This would be based off dimensions, not mass. Radar is based on sight, not mass, so implement it that way.

Stealth

Stealth on its own is something used on frigates and cruisers. Eventually the ships will get large enough where a stealth system will be inefficient. That being said they should also be large power requirement from the stealth system. This keeps the ship balanced. They won’t have room or the power left to use on massive weapon systems, and eventually players will use stealth with ships that make sense.

Beam weapons / salvage cannons

Someone above mentioned that salvage beams should be turned into the Beam weapon idea that I had posted. While effectively they act the same way, they should stay separate types of guns. The salvage beam is useable on ships that are overheating. If that is the case then that ship was destroyed and will eventually blow up. This is the point where you come in and take what remains of the ship or haul it off somewhere to fix it or salvage it in a secure location. Beam weapons are entirely different. They shouldnt give you anything when you hit a block, it should simply destroy it. The idea is that it is a large form of the antimatter cannon and can whittle down sheilds and armor quickly. The downside is that it would require a massive amount of power to draw from, and there should even be the possibility of overheating added to these guns. Now that I think about it, overheating guns should be implimented on all systems.

Over-heating systems.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that this could turn into a big problem. The idea is that with weapons that fire energy, or lasers or antimatter, there should be some sort of disadvantage for firing them for extended periods of time or constantly. I propose adding a new block in the fashion of a cooling system. This block could be grouped together for a better effect on the weapon and would be attached to the weapon computer of the system you want to keep in check. This isn’t something that would require many blocks, one or two could suffice for a turret, even a large one. The only reason is because in so many games, theres always a downside to firing energy weapons constantly. In halo, in star wars, in eve, weapons overheat, and it should be no different here. A hard hitting weapon needs to fit into the gameplay properly and oftentimes the solution is some sort of long reload or cooldown period.

Specialty Blocks

This is the main suggestion I’ve thought up today. Have you ever flown around and salvaged a ship or looted an enemy in another game. You find a cool sword in WoW or better gear in a chest or an upgrade to your ship in EVE. Why wouldn’t that possibility exist for this game. What I suggest is the addition of blocks, with randomized uses and stats for your systems. What about a special power converter, that increases your recharge rate, or heat dispersers for your weapons, that increase the rate of fire. All the systems implemented in the game could benefit from this. It’d be more useful to salvage a ship and get components for anything other than just more power blocks, who says they don’t have special equipment on board? Specialty items like this should still be rare, like loot in any other game. Hidden away on pirate stations occasionally, or lost and buried on a planet. I’ve got plenty of ideas for things like this and will list them below. The names for these don’t have to be exact, I assume some sort of randomization would be implemented with this, like adding numbers and letters to the part : “ZZ-145 Power Relay”

Heres a list of some of these I thought of off the top of my head.

Shield Reinforcer - Adds a large amount of shield threshold.

Anti Antimatter Screen - Increase threshold against antimatter. **This would be useful for different types of weapons systems.

Shield Booster - Increases recharge rate of shields.

(Weapon name) Accelerator Coil - Increases speed of weapon shots.

(Weapon name) Superconductor - Increases rate of fire.

(Weapon name) Rangefinder - Increases distance of shots.

(Weapon name) Additional Charge Battery - Increases damage **Mostly a energy weapon thing

Missile Loading Bay Accelerator - Increase rate of fire

Warhead Cataylst Unit - Increases damage of missile

Warhead Fuel Cache Unit - Increases range of missile

Warhead Afterburners Unit - Increase speed of missile

Warhead Fragmentation Shells - Increases radius of missile.

Ship scanner - Provides info on ship capabilities in a separate window **Extremely rare and semi OP

Survey Scanner - Provides info on the resources available from asteroids like materials or numbers of blocks

Microwarpdrives - Gives a large boost to speed for a small amount of time. Almost like a strong push

Afterburner - Increases thrust

Overdrive Injector - Increases thrust greatly at the expense of more power. **Used in ships with small space for thrusters.

Inertia Dampeners - Increase acceleration in any direction

Inertia Stabilizers - Increase maneuverability

Reactor Control Unit - Boost power recharge rate

Power Capacitor Unit - Greatly Increase maximum power reserves

Powergrid Subroutines - Reduces power requirements for all ship systems slightly

Sensor Array Network - Increase range that objects can be locked on to

Cloak Dispersion Generator - Decreases amount of cloaking units needed to cloak a ship

Cloaking Field Regulator - Decrease power need for cloak systems

Target Painter - Combats jamming

All of these would have randomized stats and some sort of code added to it just to make it seem like specialty equipment.

I\'ll be adding this to the original post as well. Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
    To address the overheating bit, \"because every other game does it\" is not a valid argument. However the near-total lack of convection in space is, especially when you\'re spewing plasma all over known space.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Its implimented in other games to prevent that weapon from becoming abused, which is something that you can do with massive amounts of AMC\'s. Large hard hitting AMC\'s should not be able to fire at the rate they do, Weapon cooldown could fix this. There is a reason its in lots of other games. Its a powerful weapon and for the sake of gameplay it doesn\'t need to have a good rate of fire. Adjusting the stats on a large AMC doesnt effect the other stats on it as much as it should.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Firing speed goes up, currently, as you add blocks to a weapon - you SHOULD be able to have an insanely rapid-fire massive AMC, but at the cost of damage, range, and/or shot speed.

By the same token, you should be able to bump up the damage on a 1-block AMC to a degree - the longer reload would be the overheating/cooling process...

I almost think that reversing the way in which the fire rate calulation works would fix the whole thing - then in order to get a rapid-fire AMC that consists of 10,000 blocks, you would have to lose range, projectile speed, or damage.

So, you could have a long-range AMC (sniper) that:

Fires slowly, but does high damage and fires a high-velocity shot (bolt-action sniper rifle?)

Does light damage, but has fast reload and fires high-velocity shots (some kind of weird long-range minigun).

Fires low-velocity rounds, but reloads rapidly and does massive damage with each shot (artillery?)

-------------

You get the idea...

If those sound too powerful, you could limit it to two areas of good stats, like range/damage, or range/projectile velocity...

----------------

Unless I completely missed something about weapons...

Reaction score
    The way to handle that would be overload. Want to have one AMC block do 100 damage? Sure, but the shot will probably go about three feet and then explode along with the cannon.

Power-draining systems could be configured to use any number of points (and perhaps even set to multiple configurations). This would allow you to overcharge weapons or shields at the cost of damage (perhaps randomly distributed) to the blocks in question. If blocks are destroyed by the combination of waste heat and too much energy (perhaps tolerances could be upgraded with more advanced shield/weapon blocks or less expensive addon components), they would fail. Pushing something over the limit by a few percent will probably just melt the thing, but too much juice would just make it blow up.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I hadnt thought of charged weapons. That in itself might be a better solution than overheating. Overcharging that gun could have a number of potential effects. The cannon could take damage. The cannon might have an extended cooldown. Overcharging it might just reset it and you have to time it to get a good shot. I wonder how something like that would handle with turrets.

Reaction score
    Some interesting ideas, but as we all know the game is still in alpha and would take time to implement all these features, but I have a similar but more effetive idea:

We don\'t add any new weapons to the chart, instead we can have modificated versions by crafting them differently or adding special modifiers(crafted obviously) that change the block. For example: you find some random ore and refine it which leaves a biproduct that you use in the making of some spare hull, this hull differs from the original that you buy from the shop, because it might have increased armor or health but balances it with increased weight or density making it perfect for capital ships or on the other hand it could be the complete opposite making it exellent for fighters or small ships in the like. This way we don\'t have to hassle the developers with more textures to create, and factions can profit by researching their own custom block the can have it stocked in the shop so other players can buy/order this block, the faction getting a large fraction of the cash, of course.

Whadda ya think :3

Reaction score
    Listing features from other games does not constitute a productive suggestion thread. I\'m pretty sure Schema himself took a look at other space games before deciding on module design. This is a waste of time.

Furthermore , many of the concepts posted here are discussed at length in their own threads. This wishlist thread only serves to create more diffuse , redundant discussions.

Reaction score
    The ability to link a plexlight into a weapon group to color the projectile.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I feel as af that would only be beneficial with a few things. Schema just put in a system that allows him to add new weapons very easily, so it\'s more likely that he will be sticking with it. I assume in terms of code he just makes a copy of the already existing weapons but changes what sound/texture is displayed and the stats on the gun.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I\'ts not like I specifically said \"It\'s in this game and therefore should be here\" Its a list of features I would like to see added in one way or another and I am referencing other games or movies or shows so that people understand what I\'m saying if they don\'t get it. Bugger off and tell the 400 other people to stop posting their redundant warp core ideas instead of my legitimate thought out post.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I personally would like to see a wider arange of colors for lights and hull of things. Mostly orange hull. I dont want to have to rely on brown hull for orange.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don\'t forget, personal defense weapons have been added to the game too. If ship weapons get an update, why not add a few more handheld weapons?

Anyways, as for this post, I personally would love to see large beam weapons implemented in this game. However, you are kinda limiting some of the ways weapons could be used. there are different typed of damage in this game, and therefore, each weapon could be tuned accordingly.

Weapons

There are three types of damage in this game (with this idea implemented). Energy, Kenetic, and Explosive (Kenetic being a Non-Ship combat thing)

Energy weapons eat up shields

Explosive weapons rip through hull

Kenetic weapons tear through flesh

Each weapon you buy can be modified between these stats. If you want a beam that takes out enemy hull really easily, just modify a regular energy beam. If you want a AMC that can take down shields really easy, just modify it. Kinetic... that\'s getting into the handheld weapons department.

This way, you get much more choice in the way you want to play. If you want a fighter which is really good against hull, then modify it. If that isn\'t really working out, then modify it again.

Jammers and Cloaking

So, I noticed in the OP that you said fighters shouldn\'t have the energy capacity to cloak or jam missiles... Well why not? There are ways to make this work. The importance of a cloaked fighter in a... raid, for example, would be tremendous. Having thought you had won with minimal defenses left standing, only to find out that there is still more fighting to be done. It can take a toll on the enemy. Imagine not having one, but an entire squadron of fighters, waiting for the perfect moment to ambush their target! Their small size helps even more. That means less energy is required to cloak

Some of my Ideas

Maybe a sort of Exo Suit, like Power Armor. Big and bulky, slows your movement, but makes you much more resilient to weapons dealing kenetic damage, and energy damage. Explosive damage is it\'s weakness. Maybe you can even put a shield on it, so explosive damage has a reduced effect.

Then there is vehicles. First thing\'s first, Movement. In the world of starmade, I\'d think a vehicle that hovers would be the most efficient. You can go with a track if you wanna be old fashioned, but everything has it\'s strengths and weaknessess. Hover chassis would be slower over water, and ice. Tracks can\'t even go through water. Hover chassis are vulerable to energy damage, while Tracks are vulnerable to explosive. etc. etc.

That\'s all for now, folks.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    For the most part a cloaking system is a big undertaking on power reserves for a ship. It wouldnt have much else to spare for the actual weapon systems and might even be more cumbersome. I dont think small ships need cloaking systems because it would just give them another advantage over massive ships. Its already bad enough that you have to rely on turrets that cant hit a fast fighter on these big ships. But cloaking them is overkill. Now offically theres no way around this, it\'s just that I would prefere to go up against a ship that was designed with cloaking in mind, something the size of a frigate, instead of being able to apply a cloak to any ship, regardless of size.

I agree with the idea for different damage types, however I didn\'t want to get too complex with this or make it seem like I was directly stealing things from a game like EVE. Energy weapons seems fine to me, they would drain shielding faster than any other weapon. As for Explosive, I think I\'d like to see something that has an AOE but with little or no damage. When you look at a tank, it\'s hull is capable of keeping small rockets and grenades from doing major damage. I figure kinetic would instead be used for piercing hull. Kinetic to me also refers to weapons that use projectiles, so perhaps that weapon would need actual ammo. If thats the case it should be relatively cheap, and the size of the gun would determine its damage on top of the base stat of the ammunition. That way once you pierce through a ship, you can use explosives to do damage to the inside of the ship. If hull is the only block that has an armor value and mitigates damage, then i believe explosive is more suited for doing massive damage to the inside of a ship. Multiple systems would get nuked quickly.

As for the suit thing, I think there will be armor included in the future, and a mech suit would be cool, but I’m not sure how well it would fit in this game so far. I’m kind of against vehicles since the space on planets is too small for anything requiring coordinated vehicle tactics.

Reaction score
    Missiles/rockets: Currently I think that missiles and rockets in game are overpowered for the number of blocks they take. Missiles could be just as complex as the weapon I stated above, in that they could deal EMP damage or hull damage or just explode. For now I think tuning them down would be sufficient. Once shields are gone rockets can annihilate a ship and it seems a bit too blunt. I also find the rocket mechanics sort of strange. The more blocks means the rocket does more damage? Why? Does it propell it faster? Further? Why would the launch tube determine the damage caused by a rocket. Does a larger rocket array mean the rocket is larger? It sorta makes no sense. While range and accuracy and speed could be determined by a launch tube, the actual warhead would be determined by the rocket itself. I\'d rather have the damage, and blast radius of the rocket determined by the type I\'m firing rather than the launch tube.

quote from above,

i would prefer this,

break down the SD-KB, SD-BB, D100 missiles,

SD-KB- Heat seeking, New idea- fast speed, low damage, medium reload. Used best in mass on large ships. 50 groups of 50 would send 50 missiles flying around 20 knm/h.

SD-BB- Target Locking, New idea- low speed, medium damage, high reload. Used best on frigates to send a large barage to intercept capitol ships.

D100- dumb fire, New idea- medium speed, high damage, low reload. Used best anywhere, from a fleet of fighters to come up on large ship from behind to weaken them, to a capitols ship main interceptor.

distance medium all above.

New idea- Torpedo- HIGH distance, HIGH damage, low-medium speed, low reload. Made for any ship. Launches fast (current 200 sd-bb array 20 km/h start) slow down as it flies out farther, reaching 0 at the end of its distance. Awesome for launching barrages at fighters that will knock them out. They would have heat seeking.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is great! If two people have practically the same idea (for beam weapons) then I think we will have a better chance of having it implemented!

Reaction score
    i am testing to make a huge missile salvo that does verry little damage but amp up the splash radious to cover the surface with the damaged textured blocks. (Halo)