• it could have improvements

Votes: 10 50.0%
    • no

Votes: 3 15.0%
    • been suggested beore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    This could have benefits if you allowed a faction on a server a set number of colonists for a planet to start with. Then with every 24 hour time window the population would get like 1/4 of the total planet population added to it. Granted it would have a population cap where it would stop adding in colonist AI for the planet and force you to make another colony in system or world even. Then based of of the population you have per planet you could get a set amount of resources and credits per a 24 hour time period.

Reaction score
    I am a bit concerned that quite a few of the ideas here might make the game too faction-heavy... it should be kept accessible to lone players as much as possible.

I do agree that there should be a benefit to holding systems (and planets) as opposed to just scrapping everything inside for resources. The best way I can think to do this is to have some sort of resource that can be farmed off planets, with different resources for different planets. Most of the comments on here involve mineral resources, but those are already abundant...

Then there's also the issue of automatic vs. manual production. Personally I think manual production might be better just from a server load point of view, and it's a little closer to the game's existing paradigms.