Systems 2.0 : Help Needed

Reaction score
    Hello everyone.

First of all, sorry for my bad english. Second, I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I don't understand the new update. I'm not here to complain, as I've seen everyone doing, I'm here to learn how to use this so I can build something I like in this game I like.

So, I'm trying to build a miner ship with salvage modules / cannon modules slaved to it. Size : 8*8*20 = 1280 each. This is a small ship, that's everything it has, no shield, 2.5 thrust ratio.
    I can't manage to power it properly. I've tried 5*5*5 = 125 power reactor with just enough stabilizers to maintain it at 100% stabilization, but everytime I fire the salvage cannon everything goes nuts, the power indicator on the rights is panicking like hell and it says that my reactor is unstable.

I didn't understand very much about the power 2.0 or anything else really, so I'm probably doing everything wrong. I just want a small miner ship for now, I'll try the rest later.
    If I try to put more power reactors, I apparently have to double my ship's length to put stabilizers where the game wants me to, but it's already pretty long considering what shape I want, and I don't really like driving a gigantic spagetti around. Is there a way to have more power, or to stabilize a bigger reactor without having to build so wide ?

Thanks in advance. If you need screenshots, I can have some, but I'm not too proud with my designs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Note that you don't have to have stabilisers in just one direction to make a compact power core you can have a set of stabilisers in every axis up to max of 6. With 6 groups the minimum distance for stabilisers to be 100% is around 20% of a single axis. Note however that the reactor will show a the % stabilisation that's a fraction of 100%. Ie to get full power to a reactor with 4 axis stabilisation the info panel reads as 25% stabilisation 100% / 4 axis. This also assumes that the stabilisers are an equal distance away and the same number of blocks. You can play with it a bit.

If you don't care about mass efficiency you can just use extra stabilisers within the 100% effectiveness minimum distance....

Reactions: petlahk
    Reaction score
    Thank you for your answer. I don't understand everything, but after trying some shapes I found that I just have to put a lot more stabilizers than reactors to make a compact design, and add a lot of thrusters after that, everything in a big cube, and build around that. That's a little counter-intuitive after learning to do the other way with the previous system (building a shape and filling every space there is), but I'll manage to do it I think.

Reaction score
    Also, the weapons update is removing weapon slaves for miners and adding "acid" to salvage beams. I have not messed with this in the dev build yet, but if building a new miner, expect to just need a single solid cube of salvager modules as single output beam. If you need a stop-gap miner for a survival server, I'd just download one off the dock since, anything you make right now is about to become obsolete.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Note that you don't have to have stabilisers in just one direction to make a compact power core you can have a set of stabilisers in every axis up to max of 6. With 6 groups the minimum distance for stabilisers to be 100% is around 20% of a single axis. Note however that the reactor will show a the % stabilisation that's a fraction of 100%. Ie to get full power to a reactor with 4 axis stabilisation the info panel reads as 25% stabilisation 100% / 4 axis. This also assumes that the stabilisers are an equal distance away and the same number of blocks. You can play with it a bit.

If you don't care about mass efficiency you can just use extra stabilisers within the 100% effectiveness minimum distance....
    5x5x5 is too small. Do a 15x15x15, and then go smaller. You dont need 100% stabilization for miners of this size, anything above 25% is enough to not get less power out of your reactor.
    All of this is good advice. But also a few of us have been cracking away at rewriting the wiki to be up to date for folks like you. :)

Reactors - StarMade Wiki <-- The one you might be looking for.
    System Integrity - StarMade Wiki
    Shield System - StarMade Wiki

Also, I would greatly appreciate any feedback you have on these articles. Particularly the reactor article, as I need to make sure they're understandable to new folk or returning folk.
    [doublepost=1525547301,1525547239][/doublepost]
    adding "acid" to salvage beams
    I'm not sure about the acid damage. But, yeah.