System Inheritance

Reaction score
    So tried to look this up, but saw nothing in the search.
    I like the feature of inheriting thrusters from docked, but i would like this to be taken a bit futher.

I would like to see inheritance for systems too.
    One of the effects would be able to build small ships, that can dock to larger modules, for example a mining module, quickly switch module to a weapons module or jumpdrive module. This without need of switching between ships if some pirates comes after you and you risk die while changing.

"But what if someone makes loads of ships and docks them to make an ultimate ship?"

This could be fixed by limiting one docker able to inherit systems, either by "C + V" from the core to the docker mechanism.
    Also, if we would want another module attached, lets say (ship + miner + jumpdrive) the miner would inherit the jumpdrive, and the ship would inherit the miner + jumpdrive.

Feel free to add your own thoughts and ideas about this.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've always wanted "universal" inheritance. I don't think we need to limit the dockers (that will limit creativity). We can let server admins handle absurd inheritance (ultimate/hulk) ships.

Reaction score
    I agree with you here. Most server already have build size restrictions of ships, docked entities and such.
    There will perhaps not be a bigger problem with it, but for those being negative about having these kind of options.

Reaction score
    I would love full inheritance so the SS Modularity would work better.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    This could allow proper jump rings, bridge ships, etc. Count me in.