Symmetry bug.

Reaction score
    Im sure im not the only one getting this but when i am building in symmetry some of the things on the other side arent building the same as the one on the side i am building. so it just kind of looks lopsided. One side being the correct length and the other one falling short. Is there a fix for this or is schema working on it?

Reaction score
    Something similar happens to me. I always make sure to have it centered, in odd symmetry and when i found that both sides werent looking alike i thought i screwed up... until i saw that the symmetry axis wasnt the problematic one:

since more or less this is wha happens to me
    axis
    II
    #O# II###
    O#O II###
    #O# II###
    II

or

axis
    II
    #O# II#O#
    O#O IIO##
    #O# II#O#
    II

Sometimes things like the outer silhouette works and sometimes its as if he didnt recognize i alternated between shield and power lines and when i check the oposite side, it has filled everything with shields. Or sometimes i create a pattern and fill everything else with large block groups, and on the oposite side, when checked, the pattern isnt there, only the blocks i used to fill the rest (so one side looks like a purple square with another black square inside, while the other is all purple or sometimes with black patches here and there).

THis has only happened so far when both ends are really far away (my ship\'s width is 270m).

Reaction score
    Ships as well as planets, asteroids and stations are made of 16x16x16 chunks. If my theory is right, symmetry plane is bugged and can\'t at the moment create new chunks, or if it can, it works a little \"randomly\". So you have to create the data chunks first before you start detailing. 1 long line in all directions should generate them. Basically create the ships bounding box before relying on symmetry-plane.

I\'m usually starting with this kind of pattern:

+----------+----------C----------+----------+ (10 blocks, marker, 10 blocks, marker etc)
    This lets you know that measures are right on both sides. If other side falls short, continue building from there instead.