Switch between docked ships with arrow keys

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It seems like it would be really useful to be able to switch between different docked ships when you are in a ship that is docked. Like how you would switch between cockpits on a ship with many cockpits. This seems really useful, so I can have a large battleship, and then quickly switch to a docked, small scout vessel if I want to go explore a planet. Then I can come back up into space, dock back with the battleship, and be on my way. I currently have it set up so there is a hangar in my larger ship that I can easily access, but it'd just make it that much faster to use the arrows keys.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Convenient, yes, but wouldn\'t that kill the immersion? That is, if you built a ship large enough to walk around in, wouldn\'t you want to have to hoof it from the core to your docked ship? If you didn\'t want to do that, then why build a battleship?

Reaction score
    This Is already in this, but from my experience it only works when you switch from the docked ship for example a battleship with a fighter in its hangar you dock with battleship push the up arrow and you teleport to the battleship core, but doesnt work the other way around strangely

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Teleporting from one ship to another is a great idea ... just not in Starmade. I have to agree that you should be forced to deal with distance between any two objects when you need to go between structures. After all, they\'re your custom structures and you could\'ve planned your dock arrangement around this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Imagine your on the deck of your battleship, taking on a fleet of pirates that have just emerged from behind the nearest planet, taking you by suprise. Your turrets are holding them off and you have taken down a few with your main battery of gun, however there are so many and they are so fast you soon realise that all is lost.

/* Current System */
    At this point you have to weigh up the benefit of taking a few more down or hot footing it down your emergency escape shaft to your escape capsule. You are unsure if you will get away even in your pod because there are so many, so you decide to stay and try and shoot down a few more, but at some point you have to bite the bullet.

/* Your Suggestion */
    At this point you sit in your cockpit taking down as many people as you can, waiting until the very last moment when the lasers are coming through your viewscreen to press the down button and fly off in your escape capsule.

I see the advantages in your suggestion, but in my opinion I\'d prefer the tension and the fear :) that said, I can see uses for being able to jump between docked ships, for instance if your a crew member aboard a massive faction captial ship and your manning a turret manually to get some more accurate shots off, you may need to switch turrets as yours comes under fire or you need a different firing arc. Also might be useful if that docked ship/turret dies you get automatically switched to another one?