Survivors of the Euphrates- CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT OUT NOW!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Chapter 5- Mutiny

As they explored deeper into the ship, they came across more and more doors and airlocks that had some sort of blast damage, some even damaged to the point of being little more than holes where one could presume a door once was. After what seemed like hours, the party came across a console which appeared to be functioning. As Thomas stepped up to the console, it blinked to life. "Access granted. Welcome back, captain." "Probably just a bug, who knows how long this stuff has been down here." said Higgs. The console displayed a range of options from which Thomas chose "Logs"

The screen faded to black.

"Well, now you've done it." said Higgs. "Guess we should keep moving on?" He started to talk, but was interrupted by the screen suddenly flashing back to life with a face not unlike that of the natives. It spoke in Old English. "Day eight hundred and thirty seven, Captain Walker reporting in. We are nearing the planet's surface, and the Istanbul is preparing to land a few kilometers north of us." "What's a kilometer?" asked Higgs. "I don't know, shut up and watch." Replied Thomas. "We have chosen a spot not too far from a large lake, which should give us plenty of fresh water. Scouting teams have indicated an abundance of native flora and fauna not unlike that of Earth." The screen faded to black again. "Earth? You mean this ship came from Earth? I thought Earth was rendered uninhabitable in the Sol wars." said Higgs. "That was nearly three thousand years ago." "It was." replied Thomas. "Whatever this place is, it's very ancient." The screen flashed back to life. "Day eight hundred and fifty, Governor Walker reporting in. We've recently established that whatever happened on board the Istanbul was likely related to the ship's antimatter drive. There wasn't much evidence left, and our heat shielding was damaged on one side. However, we still made the landing successfully, and we have made much progress in our work on the new city. We're still thinking of a name, though." He leaned in closer to the camera, as if to whisper a secret. "I've heard some talk among the crew... They say they're getting tired of me. I believe they will find that the gallows are much less hospitable than I have been." The screen went dark again, then flashed back to life a third time. It was a different face, but of the same structure. "I don't know if anyone will ever see this message, but we did what we thought was right. Walker now hangs from the roof of the courtyard, as an example to all of his failure in leadership. We lost a lot of good people, but now we can work on turning things around." The screen flashed off, and a cloud of smoke came out of the wall next to it.

"Well, I dare say they had a mutiny." said Higgs. "Now let's get back before our people follow suit."

END OF CHAPTER 5

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Chapter Six- A Night Among the Natives

As they were leaving the wreck of the Enterprise, the sun began to set. "I doubt we'll be able to make it back to camp in time" said one of the soldiers. "Think we should just stay here for the night? I could use a warm meal." Thomas looked around and decided that he would rather not get caught by another patrol, so he agreed. "One issue, where exactly are we going to house seven people for the night? We have no money, we are wearing rags, we've got no connections, heck, you're the only one who can even speak their language." said Higgs. "After that treatment we got when we came here, I doubt it'll be hard to find a place to sleep." replied Thomas.

They walked down an alley way, and found what appeared to be a hotel. When they walked inside, a small woman waited in the hallway. Thomas asked the native if they could stay in the hotel for the night. She agreed, and gave them what appeared to be small pieces of brightly colored rope. When they walked upstairs, they found rooms with markings above their doors that matched the colors of the ropes, so they assumed that those were their rooms. As Thomas walked in the room, he was greeted by a faintly metallic smell coming from the window. It was a simple room, with a low bed, a sink and toilet, and a dresser in a single compartment. To his surprise, Thomas found that the toilet worked. It was the first time he had working plumbing in months. He washed his face in the sink and went over to the window to see the street below. He had not noticed it before, but the city itself had what appeared to be some form of florescent lighting, emitting a faint blue glow through the alley. He could smell a faint metallic scent again, and looked down. At first what he saw confused him, but it soon became quite clear. He saw two natives, who appeared to be glowing shades of blue. At first, he attributed this to the color of the lights, but as he looked around he could not find any other light source. The blue glow had to be coming from these two natives. Perhaps they just had a small light or there was just a lamp he could not see.

But then they started walking. The light was indeed coming from them. He knew not how, or why, but these two natives were glowing blue. As Thomas laid down to go to sleep, he wondered if what he had seen was real. Could they have been glowing? Surely they weren't; we would have seen it in the wreck, there were natives there with us, he thought. Still, there was no doubting it. They were glowing. But, it was late. He'd think about it in the morning.

As the sun rose, Thomas felt better than he had in months. He was well rested, food was even brought to him by the maid. He was enjoying himself so much, he forgot to ask about what he saw last night. He joined the others as they were heading out, and they walked back into the street. They walked out of the city, and began their journey back to camp. After a few minutes of walking, they heard someone running at them from the direction of the camp. It was one of the survivors, and he had a very nervous look on his face. "What's your name?" asked Higgs. "My name is David Ferron, I'm from the camp." he replied. "Something's happened, you need to come quickly!"

END OF CHAPTER SIX

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hey guys! I am back to reclaim my title as the most hated person on this game! Who is the huge powerful group that I should stick it to?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Damn, idk what chapter I was at last time I read this :(

Off topic:
    Hey guys! I am back to reclaim my title as the most hated person on this game! Who is the huge powerful group that I should stick it to?
    How about the FuckOffMakeYourOwnThread group?

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Moar art! This is a new style, tell me what you guys think as I want to know what you want before I start drawing in a specific style.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Chapter Seven- Diseased

The party made it back to camp in good time, arriving just before nightfall. They heard a few distant gunships, and figured that they had something to do with the urgency. When they got to the camp, however, this was proven wrong. In the light of dusk, the medical tent appeared to glow a faint, barely noticeable blue. The same blue, Thomas suddenly remembered, that he had seen the night before looking down at the two natives! Thomas rushed over to the tent, to find that, indeed, there were six patients sitting on makeshift hospital beds all glowing a slight blue. He bent down in front of one of the patients, who appeared to be sluggish and reacted slowly to Thomas' gestures. Eventually, he came around enough for Thomas to talk to him. "What happened?" Thomas asked. "I don't know, I just woke up yesterday and I had a really nasty fever... I wasn't feeling well for the better part of the day, so the doc told me to lay down until it went away. Come night time, he walks over to check on me and apparently I'm glowing blue! Blue, of all things!" he replied. It was at this time that the doctor walked in with a small bioscreen under his arm. "Feeling any better, Aron?" he asked. "This guy here woke me up a big, but I'm a little groggy. Got any gin?" the patient replied. "Gin is about the last thing you need, at the moment." said the doctor. Thomas walked over to the doctor, to ask him what was wrong with the patients. He feared they had contracted an alien disease from the natives. "Doctor, do you know what's wrong with these people?" he asked. "Your guess is as good as mine, Thomas. They all seem to have been working near a cave we found not too long ago. I've quarantined the area until I'm sure of what we're dealing with." It was at this moment that one of the patients began glowing a bright red and started convulsing violently. "Get the anesthesia, nurse." said the doctor, as he donned his surgical gloves and began to wrestle with the patient to try to get her to stop moving so the nurse could inject the anesthesia. Suddenly, before the nurse could even get the needle ready, the patient stopped moving, and the glow subsided, until she appeared to be back to normal.

A few seconds later, the patient woke up, drenched in sweat with a rapidly beating heart. She looked around, trying to orient herself. "She was one of the first ones to show symptoms." said the doctor. "She's reading all normal, except for a slight fever. If this is the case for all of them, we should be fine." The patient looked around, and asked what had happened. "How much do you remember?" asked the doctor. "I remember working the field out by the old armory, and I remember a really bright light and I felt like I got hit by a gust of wind or something, then I woke up here." she replied. "Amnesia, possibly a concussion. We found her laying on the ground, she may have passed out and hit her head." said the doctor. It was at this moment that the patient began glowing red again. "What...what's happening to me?!" screamed the patient. "What's going on?! Why am I glowing?!" "Nurse!" cried the doctor, as the nurse began readying the anesthesia once more. The patient started glowing brighter in a series of runelike patterns and swirls. She started getting taller and her fingers grew longer. "This...this isn't so bad. I feel fine, actually." said the patient, who was now head and shoulders over both Thomas and the doctor. "This isn't normal but I feel absolutely fine. What did you do to me, doctor?" asked the patient. "I didn't do anything, whatever this is was caused by that disease." he replied.

Suddenly, something in Thomas' mind clicked. He remembered from his studies that before nanotechnology was banned, it was used to grant its users powers similar to the magic of ancient times. He knew that the natives were a relic of an ancient world, perhaps they carried some of those nanobots with them? Did they still have a way to produce them in the ship? By the time he had come to the conclusion that this must be the work of nanobots, the other patients started to show signs of the same process which had just happened in the first patient, who had since returned to her normal form. Only these ones were different. One glowed green, another a bright blue, a third glowed purple, it seemed that for a short time, the tent was filled with all the colors of the rainbow. One by one, each of the patients, gained a new inhuman form, each with different patterns on their bodies. And one by one, they each returned to normal. "Well, that was quite the episode!" said Higgs, who had apparently been standing in the entrance to the medical tent the entire time. "You think they got that from the natives?" he asked. "Higgs, I have something to talk to you about." said Thomas

END OF CHAPTER SEVEN

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Chapter Seven- Diseased

The party made it back to camp in good time, arriving just before nightfall. They heard a few distant gunships, and figured that they had something to do with the urgency. When they got to the camp, however, this was proven wrong. In the light of dusk, the medical tent appeared to glow a faint, barely noticeable blue. The same blue, Thomas suddenly remembered, that he had seen the night before looking down at the two natives! Thomas rushed over to the tent, to find that, indeed, there were six patients sitting on makeshift hospital beds all glowing a slight blue. He bent down in front of one of the patients, who appeared to be sluggish and reacted slowly to Thomas' gestures. Eventually, he came around enough for Thomas to talk to him. "What happened?" Thomas asked. "I don't know, I just woke up yesterday and I had a really nasty fever... I wasn't feeling well for the better part of the day, so the doc told me to lay down until it went away. Come night time, he walks over to check on me and apparently I'm glowing blue! Blue, of all things!" he replied. It was at this time that the doctor walked in with a small bioscreen under his arm. "Feeling any better, Aron?" he asked. "This guy here woke me up a big, but I'm a little groggy. Got any gin?" the patient replied. "Gin is about the last thing you need, at the moment." said the doctor. Thomas walked over to the doctor, to ask him what was wrong with the patients. He feared they had contracted an alien disease from the natives. "Doctor, do you know what's wrong with these people?" he asked. "Your guess is as good as mine, Thomas. They all seem to have been working near a cave we found not too long ago. I've quarantined the area until I'm sure of what we're dealing with." It was at this moment that one of the patients began glowing a bright red and started convulsing violently. "Get the anesthesia, nurse." said the doctor, as he donned his surgical gloves and began to wrestle with the patient to try to get her to stop moving so the nurse could inject the anesthesia. Suddenly, before the nurse could even get the needle ready, the patient stopped moving, and the glow subsided, until she appeared to be back to normal.

A few seconds later, the patient woke up, drenched in sweat with a rapidly beating heart. She looked around, trying to orient herself. "She was one of the first ones to show symptoms." said the doctor. "She's reading all normal, except for a slight fever. If this is the case for all of them, we should be fine." The patient looked around, and asked what had happened. "How much do you remember?" asked the doctor. "I remember working the field out by the old armory, and I remember a really bright light and I felt like I got hit by a gust of wind or something, then I woke up here." she replied. "Amnesia, possibly a concussion. We found her laying on the ground, she may have passed out and hit her head." said the doctor. It was at this moment that the patient began glowing red again. "What...what's happening to me?!" screamed the patient. "What's going on?! Why am I glowing?!" "Nurse!" cried the doctor, as the nurse began readying the anesthesia once more. The patient started glowing brighter in a series of runelike patterns and swirls. She started getting taller and her fingers grew longer. "This...this isn't so bad. I feel fine, actually." said the patient, who was now head and shoulders over both Thomas and the doctor. "This isn't normal but I feel absolutely fine. What did you do to me, doctor?" asked the patient. "I didn't do anything, whatever this is was caused by that disease." he replied.

Suddenly, something in Thomas' mind clicked. He remembered from his studies that before nanotechnology was banned, it was used to grant its users powers similar to the magic of ancient times. He knew that the natives were a relic of an ancient world, perhaps they carried some of those nanobots with them? Did they still have a way to produce them in the ship? By the time he had come to the conclusion that this must be the work of nanobots, the other patients started to show signs of the same process which had just happened in the first patient, who had since returned to her normal form. Only these ones were different. One glowed green, another a bright blue, a third glowed purple, it seemed that for a short time, the tent was filled with all the colors of the rainbow. One by one, each of the patients, gained a new inhuman form, each with different patterns on their bodies. And one by one, they each returned to normal. "Well, that was quite the episode!" said Higgs, who had apparently been standing in the entrance to the medical tent the entire time. "You think they got that from the natives?" he asked. "Higgs, I have something to talk to you about." said Thomas

END OF CHAPTER SEVEN
    Me in that situation, "We shall call this new disease 'Rave Disease', because when ever people get it we have insta raves."