Survival PvP Server with modified economy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Server: starmade.timelessname.com:4000

Mumble: timelessname.com

Price info: http://starmade.timelessname.com/

• Modified Economy
    • No Pirate Loot
    • More expensive items
    • No imported blueprints
    • Protected spawn
    • Modified prices
    • Modified availability
    • Still a lot more to do...

The hope is this will spur people to group up and form factions to work together. You will need someone running mining, someone running industry and someone running protection.

Let me know any suggestions on modifications to the existing rule set or if you would like to help out.

Additionally the fact people can't spawn in a million super ships should hopefully add to the servers stability.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it whitelisted? \'cause it looks like an interesting server :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right now its not, since I am on and trying to build up the server first. Once it becomes population stable it will definitely be changed to whitelisted. (also I need some trusted admins to help manage a white list)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Although I\'m really excited to finally see a server with a modified economy that makes it harder to get rich, I feel like you went a little overboard with some of your prices.

Level1 and Level2 ores are only worth 10, while grass and flowers are worth 20? Plus, it costs 9750!!! for a single thruster block? So in order to purchase a single thruster block, I would have to mine 970 L1/L2 ores?? That is pretty dang extreme.

Still though, I\'m willing to give it a try just to see how it plays out. I do like the idea of wealth being hard to obtain. Since salvage lasers are 4000 each, it seems like the best starting strategy would be to make a tiny tiny ship with almost no functional components, fly to a planet with something semi-valuable and then get out of the ship to manually gather stuff to sell.

Anyway, sorry for ranting, as I do appreciate the fact that server owners are trying out the modified economy option and trying to make things more interesting. So kudos for that at least.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The low ore prices are to encourage using them in manufacturing instead of just selling ore to buy parts.

The high thruster price is to make large capital ships that require a lot of engines more expensive. However again if you have the manufacturing base it shouldn\'t be bad.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the explanation, Hexane. Your reasoning does make sense, and It\'s cool to have more incentive to do manufacturing. In un-modded StarMade I always thought manufacturing was a neat feature, but totally unneccesary since you could just get super rich and buy anything you wanted.

I played on your server for a couple hours, and I have to admit, it was a lot of fun! The ping was awesome, and the server was very active. Using the starting credits and parts, I was able to make a decent scout ship and then proceeded to explore some planets and gather resources. I made enough credits to upgrade my ship with more thrusters, more power, and even some shield generators.

So thanks for trying to make the game more challenging and I look forward to slowly upgrading my ship and exploring the universe.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    updated economy prices to fix some major loop holes: http://starmade.timelessname.com/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds great!

Good work with the website and listings of all the items. Definitely appreciate this! :D

Reaction score
    I\'m definitely going to try this out. I\'m not really into building massive warships anyway, but seeing them built when it actually took work to get the parts would be enjoyable.

Plus, the manufacturing side needs tested. Without an economy adjustment like this, planets and asteroids are just a nuisance when flying, and the only challenge is who can make the bigger battleship.

Reaction score
    Well, I wanted to try this out... but I can\'t seem to connect.

Either the server isn\'t up or there\'s something impeding my ability to log in... but either way, that\'s a shame. This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Oh well, I\'ll keep trying.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This server is great for what it sets out to be - a sustainable game that allows for actual gameplay rather than people spawning their motherships in after raiding a pirate station, however the server is pulled down by the consistant connectivity issues that mean it can be down over 12h+ a day when the admin is not there to babysit it.

The one hour reboot time is generally annoying and seems excessive, maybe two hours would be better suited?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Aisteraina, I am working on better monitoring and restart scripts, but yet its definitely not perfect.

I am also convinced the current server is corrupt as it never seems to shut down cleanly.