Supply Requirement Guides?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm wanting to start building a larger and heavily armed/defended warship, and was wondering what kind of supplies I'm gonna need, to make a larger ship have relatively unlimited shields. I'm not playing on a server, so all I'm going against is AI Pirates and station turrets.

I like building for both form and function, so if I can get an idea of what kind of block totals I'll need for energy generation/storage, and shield blocks, I can start the ship with an "engineering" section where the power plant and shield blocks can be placed in an artistic fashion, rather than just being feature blocks like I've been doing.

Thanks in advance. =)

Reaction score
    From my understanding of it, around 40k total shielding ( not blocks but shield capacity) is enough to withstand pretty much anything pirates are capable of throwing at you, 30K can take it but your cutting it close. As for withstanding the power of a station, it takes considerably less, i remember my old ship killed a station on its own and it was absolutely puny. As for power, you can almost never have too much since practically everything needs it.

Reaction score
    when your in build mode there is a block of text on the far left side of your screen, buried in there is

Shields: XXXXXX(xxxxs/sec)

the first set of X\'s is the total capacity and the smaller ones are your regen

the same goes for power

Thrust and Mass are also listed there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    For building a large warship, here\'s a list of recommended materials. Don\'t worry about getting alot of them, i\'ll solve that problem for you down at the bottom of this post. So, recommended materials:

• Hull blocks
    • Armored hull blocks
    • Glass blocks (for viewports)
    • Light blocks (gotta have interior lighting now!)
    • PlexDoor blocks
    • Power blocks
    • Power tanks
    • Shield blocks
    • Engine blocks
    • Weapon blocks (of your various choices)
    • Weapon computers (that match the weapon blocks you have chosen)
    • Gravity modules (for walking around inside the ship)
    • PlexStorage blocks (for storing any extra cargo you may have)
    • Faction module (for if you join a faction and want to ally your ship to it)

Optional blocks you can add for artistic effect:

• Terrain blocks (for interior decoration of greenhouse bays and such)
    • Water blocks (for having little rivers and such in said greenhouses)
    • Ice Crystals (for getting really awesome engine effects)

Now, getting all these items at once can be hard. Thankfully, building on singleplayer has one great advantage: Admin commands. Here\'s how to get the materials you need:

1. Type this command into the chat, quotation marks excluded: \"give_credits yournamehere 999999\". This will give you the credits you need to buy at least one of each material you need for building the ship. Now REMEMBER to type in your name EXACTLY as it is in-game, capitalizations and everything. Otherwise, the command won\'t work.
    2. Now that you have the required credits, go to a shop and buy at least 1 unit of each block. You don\'t need to buy alot of each. Also, some shops will not have everything you need, so you may need to go to one or two different shops to get the items you require. I put this step in here because I don\'t know the commands for getting individual items, and I don\'t want to frustrate you with figuring that out either.
    3. Now that you have all of the needed blocks to build with, it\'s time to put them all in an amount that you can use. So, how do you do that? Simply type this command into chat: \"/give_all_items yournamehere 500000\" This command gives you plenty of each item you need. Additionally, it may also add some unwanted items to any previously empty spaces in your inventory: It\'s up to you to decide if you want to keep those.

Now that you have all of the required materials to build with, it\'s time to get building! Here\'s some extra tips to help build by:

• Add as much shield blocks as you comfortably can. Shielding is EXTREMELY important for protecting your ship. Without it, you\'re pretty much done for.
    • Make the area of your ship where you start from (the core area) considerably well-armored to help protect your core in the event of a shield failure during combat. Because if that core gets hit, it\'s all over, and you\'ve just lost several millions of credits-worth of starship.
    • Make the best reactor you possibly can. Big ships by nature consume much more power than smaller ones do. They have bigger engines, weapons, and everything, and all of that consumes more power. You will need to creatively arrange power blocks in box dimensions to give yourself the best recharge rate possible. Don\'t forget you will need lots of power tanks clustered together too to give yourself a high power load. Calbiri has a great tutorial on reactor building you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7Sfx_AiwY
    • Remember that the bigger you build your ship, the more difficult it will be to have good thruster output. Your ship may be sluggish, but you should expect that.

For further references on admin commands, here\'s the site page on it: http://star-made.org/content/admin-commands

Hope this helps! Good luck!