Super Weapons

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    guys guys guys, there's already an effect that increases damage for an even bigger increase in power consumption, it's called overdrive. All the stuff you people are suggesting can already be done at any scale (so it's better than big ships only super weapons like the OP is suggesting):

something-pulse-overdrive

Humongous burst damage (proportionally to the size of the weapon) with an even bigger power consumption. If that doesn't fit the definition of super weapon then I don't know what does.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    "Super Weapons" don't need to be added by the game as a separate thing.
    You can make the things you're talking about already.
    It just takes some basic knowledge of geometry and making sure outputs don't touch eachother to get a large gun without a checkerboard effect.

S0 how did you do that? all my attempts have been less the satisfactory and only work if you fire your gun with the reticle in the middle. If its not I get two shots and one of them comes from the middle of my gun barrel which looks retarded.
    Being able to have a round bigger then one meter would look better on a lot of ships, and I am not saying that the rapid fire cannons should get bigger rounds, but the slow firing ones should definitely get a size increase.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    You do know how tedious and ineffective checkerboards are?
    Compared to hull detailing work, they're not tedious at all.

S0 how did you do that? all my attempts have been less the satisfactory and only work if you fire your gun with the reticle in the middle. If its not I get two shots and one of them comes from the middle of my gun barrel which looks retarded.
    Being able to have a round bigger then one meter would look better on a lot of ships, and I am not saying that the rapid fire cannons should get bigger rounds, but the slow firing ones should definitely get a size increase.
    Looks a little like this, but without the cannon lines being all different lengths. Red lights are placed on the outputs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, that's a royal pain, and it still not as visually imposing as a single large shot.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Yeah, that's a royal pain, and it still not as visually imposing as a single large shot.
    It *IS* a single large shot >_>
    Or, rather, it appears to be due to extremely tight cannon clustering.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    @keptick that is exactly what I went for on my battleship, with punch-through and rapidfire :D
    Basically a plasma stream launcher, that rips a huge hole through the hull and systems, not just one lously block. It can get laggy when you hit a very large target with shields down, but it can slice through hull leaving a 7-block wide chasm. Tactical systems bisection :) It is easy to destroy power lines and docking enhancers this way, if the core isn't hit by the immense puncturing bullet spam anyways.

Reactions: Keptick