Super Flat Block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about a super-flat block, just for aesthetics. It can have a lower value hull mass/hp, but it's a nice way to cover up all those engines/shields/thursters that peek out there and again... :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Took me a second to work out what you meant by a superflat block. You mean like a superthin \'cover\' block, which although takes up a full block in gamespace looks like a thin skin on top of whatever it\'s placed on, thus hiding what\'s behind it, right?

I like that idea.

Reaction score
    It worked for them. It\'ll work for us.

I\'d also like to see a minecraft style half-height block, and an additional starmade style twist; the half-height wedge, so we could build nice and smooth 2 by 1 or 1 by 2 slopes,and not just 1 by 1\'s.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about we call them decals? They\'d be weightless and be skinned on the other blocks. It would be a nice way to make your ship look really cool.

However in build mode you can\'t place them or see them just so you don\'t get confused what block is which. They would only be for aesthetic purposes so there\'s no problem placing them in regular mode.

Reaction score
    What if the \'paint\' crafting items could be used to apply these \'decals\', showing up as the corresponding coloured hull block.