Super Fast "salvaging" with build block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    With buildblock you can "salvage" everything really fast, even whole planet. Just in advenced mode set size 10x10x10, remove mode and set all axes in center of planet... Few click and you will get hundred of thousands of materials.

Same for stations and ships (where you dont need buildblock because you have core).

There is no reason why to build and use huge salvage cannost arrays if you can buy just one builblock...

Maybe buildblock shouldnt be able to raw material or block im not placed. It's actually OK in sandbox, because we dont have other tools for terraforming but later...

Maybe there should be power requirements for build block, where every change of block using it consume energy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    an actually very intense thing there.

I don\'t think it\'s intended to be or stay that way. I had heard something about it earlier but never really looked into it. It\'s indeed ridiculous to use any harvest method to mass-gather. But wait. Last time I checked I couldn\'t get into a buildblock that wasn\'t on a ship, so that means that in a ship\'s build mode, you can remove parts that are something else\'s than the ship? That is a pretty serious flaw.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What he\'s talking about is the build block that allows you to build or edit space stations and planets. Not the edit mode in a ship core.

My best guess as a fix would be not allowing the build block to return blocks that players haven\'t placed. It makes sense, the build block is for building, not removing. A more intense solution would be only allowing blocks placed that \"session\" (from the time the player entered the build block) to be harvested. This would certainly solve the problem and not require an extra attribute on every block. For better or for worse, it would also require changes to a space station to be done with new materials, rather than just moving the current ones around.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But last time I placed a build block on anything else than a ship it didn\'t let me in for some reason. That was some 2 \'n half weeks ago.

Reaction score
    Limiting the blocks that could be removed would make building large (or symmetrical) underground structures on planets, far more time consuming and painful than it needs to be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My proposed solutions wouldn\'t stop removal of blocks, you just wouldn\'t get them back.