Sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, suns everywhere. Do you like that?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Currently, +8 +8 +8 and -8 -8 -8 are sun sectors - and every 16 sectors in every direction.

Do you like that much suns? The real space has not all sun systems aligned to a grid.

In StarGate - Destiny and DarkStar-One, sun systems are chokepoints. You need them to get into the next galaxy or systems behind them.

( Just 2 examples ).

I think it would be cool to have star-system belts (creating a large network) and that it would be a lot easier or faster to travel through a route-network between stars (refuel there) than equip your ship with infinite-energy reactors to cross the open void.

Factions could seize chokepoints in these routes. And players could go around it, but take a lot longer to reach their destination.

That would require a need for trade / visit of core sectors or cross these routes...

Any thoughts about this?

CES

Reaction score
    I support pretty much anything that could make war and space battles more common.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds fun. Again, anything to make faction warfare more interesting.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like that too, but constant sector sizes are somewhat required for navigation.

I think it is too hardcoded for removal and fast replacement.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    IMO, the entire concept of a \"sector\" should change. Sectors should be large cubes of space spanning multiple star systems (Around 3 or 4 usually, but they could contain nothing but a void or some asteroids in some cases), but star systems should have (randomly generated) names (which factions should be able to change somehow), as should planets. These names are what you would put into your nav computer.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Or sub-sector coordinates.

Names are only an alias for them.

Reaction score
    There is no stargate- Destiny. I have no idea what you are talking about. On an unrelated note, I\'m going to watch Stargate: Universe now. Goodbye!