Sun-proof hulls

Reaction score
    The idea is that sun would be full of rare materials such as L5s, but you'd need sun-proof hull to actually get to it and mine it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This game is supposed to be as real as possible.

That would just wreck the game.

Reaction score
    Also stars are made from superheated gasses undergoing nuclear fission, there are no minerals to mine. Although I could perhaps see some sort of scoop or pipe that could be used to harvest the gasses for fuel, or something similar.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think that the sun sude be soled or some thing and you can mine the sun but it will grow back every day or some thing and it has to have a gravity filed that if you get to close you get sucked in at 6times the planets gravity and you crash and sink in to the sun and the cor is made to L5 or a new thing like sun core stuff or some thing?

Reaction score
    i like the idea of heat-proof-plating. but i don\'t like the idea of just filling a star with \"dem-rare-stuff\"

it would be interesting to build a station in low solar orbit.

The stars need some more love tough. as of now they are only bright spots, just a point which burns you when you get to close. Suns should have a \"body\" (no L5 ores, not even solid)

harvestable gases would be interesting.Deuterium, Tritium etc.

Ships would need gas-tanks to store gases (not everything just as item)

just think about it: if you have say....tritium or stuff your weapons do much more damage.

or we use those gases as means of transport, you can warp-jump only if you have a considerable ammount of those gases stored.

just a few ideas.