Suggestions Set

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    sorry to lump these together, might split em out but didnt wanna flood the forum.

Suggestions-

Offensive laser- drains a large ammount of energy per second to create a consistant beam. More effective against hull, but less effective against shields.

IFF - make Faction Modules useable only on bases, and make a cheaper and more specific version of the Faction Module for IFF purposes (weapons dont harm people on the same IFF). makes it more viable to have support ships covering capital ships due to the fact the massed weapons are about as likely to take out allies without the faction protection as enemies... when eco is stabilized it'll be a pain to outfit all those itty bitty fighter ships etc with full faction modules.

Weight Class modifier - a mod basically to the system which allows ships above a set mass the designation as a base... so you can have a mobile field base which is much less protected than a space station or planet is likely to be... but dont have to constantly set up factories etc everywhere you go if you and your faction roam... and of course if the ship is set as Home Base, its still revealed as any other static base.

Docking Clamp (counterpart) - instead of having the ship cores used as a makeshift docking clamp, have a counterpart piece which acts as the clamp point when you dock. personally speaking, i hate having the instant-kill point on fighters, cruisers or whatever out in the open just so i can dock them on a carrier....

Faction Store-

Allow a custom shop to be set up on home base designated locations. Basically its an un-regulated shop which relies on input from the faction itself to function. Everything related to the shop is maintained and benefits the faction itself.

Reaction score
    -Offensive laser- drains a large ammount of energy per second to create a consistant beam. More effective against hull, but less effective against shields.

Reasonable, a laser weapon is definetly needed. I\'d like to see it either do much less damage or drain a very high amount of energy per laser block. This would keep it point defence focused as its guaranteed hit rate is a bit OP. Capital ships would still be able to mount a \"laser of doom\" as they\'de have the power banks to field such a monster. Fighters wouldn\'t be able to fit large laser arrays making them much less damaging in a dogfight and therefore balanced VS the miss chance of missiles and anti-matter guns.

-IFF - make Faction Modules useable only on bases, and make a cheaper and more specific version of the Faction Module for IFF purposes

I\'d rather rely on good piloting skills than a cheat block. The faction block as it stands, is simply OP. I would like to see it changed to a simple name tag, and \"friendly\" marker to faction AI.

- Weight Class modifier ... so you can have a mobile field base which is much less protected than a space station or planet is likely to be

Who is to say the entire weight isn`t made up of shield and turret blocks? Factory blocks should simply be allowed on ships, but at a high energy cost. Perhaps they\'d add large amounts of mass (Along with future planned factory type blocks) making the ship much slower. This would encourage mobile factories/mining fleets to either stick to safer area\'s or recruit more players to guard their convoy.

- Docking Clamp (counterpart)

You don\'t need your core exposed to dock. I have 3 ships now docked to my small carrier with completely buried cores. A docking clamp does feel necessary though for the larger ships docking to stations. As it now stands your ship docks and just superglues itself to the surface. Without any pilot control on how it parks exactly it can sometimes lead to clipping issues and further \"stuck inside wall\" glitch when undocking. A simple \"Docking Clamp\" cube to be added to the nose of the ship, and oriented directionally as to how you want it to connect with the dock, could be an easy fix for this small impracticality.

- Faction Store-

Yes, yes, all of my yes. Something would have to be done about AI turrets shooting customers though. Perhaps a type of \"toll booth\" type block, placed out of turret range, would allow customers to pay a small fee for temporary faction status marked as \"Guest_FactionName\". Ofcourse their status would be revoked as soon as they opened fire, or used any aggressive mods. The \"Toll Booth\" block could also be limited to non war-targets and specific pilot bans.