Suggestions for a lot of stuff: Trains, maps, auto-pilot and more.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    its to stop you have to buy a ton of ship cores, and it is fully automated, but i do get where you are coming from

Reaction score
    These are actually some really good ideas. And not a mixture of unrelated ideas like I first thought due to the thread name. +1

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We need everything in this thread. However, were I to pick a single one yhat I want most of all, it\'d be the stasis pods. Earlier today, I had to deal with the nerve-wracking prospect of getting back inside my multi-million dollar heavy cruiser, after disconnecting during a raid on a planet with turrets mounted on it. Nearly had my head blown off, because I spawned back in 100m away from the ship, but still well within the range of the planet\'s guns.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I believe something like statsis pod in this suggestion, and surely seats were already suggested in the past - which only proves that community would enjoy some \'furniture\' in their ships.

I, personally, would especially enjoy the latter - as I\'ve mentioned long time ago, having crewmembers actually sit and itneract with consoles instead of getting sucked in into magical control cube would look better and allow certain gameplay elements currently ignored, like planning actual bridge/cockpit as it would need space for non-disappearing pilot and ability to kill crewmembers/disable ships without making core going critical.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Trains sound ridiculously complicated and unnecessary (Turbolift-like things would be better), but everything else is something I\'ve found myself wanting one time or another.

...having crewmembers actually sit and itneract (sic) with consoles instead of getting sucked in into magical control cube would look better and allow certain gameplay elements currently ignored, like planning actual bridge/cockpit as it would need space for non-disappearing pilot and ability to kill crewmembers/disable ships without making core going critical.

YES!!! This is the ONE thing, out of all things that could possibly be added to Starmade, that I would add if I could only add a single thing.

Reaction score
    Love the idea of the Stasis Pods and the Galatic Map AI Travel, exspecially together. I could defintenly see being on a server, setting the cordinates, then get an ETA, go into the pod, do something else for like ten minutes, come back and I\'m at my destination.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It\'s a very good idea. As an addidtion I think it would be handy if it behaved like the Somnia mod for MC, where it would make time move very quickly. Of course this would only be applicable offline. This way, you could essentially \'fast travel\' once Autopilot is implemented.

Reaction score
    I don\'t know if I\'ve already supported this, but +1 support anyway

Reaction score
    I wouldn\'t mind some trains on my current project. o.o

I know it\'s a problem on all large builds, but still, it\'s sick how long it takes to go anywhere inside a large ship. I\'m probably going to make small pods with docking sites to zip around with. You know it\'s a problem when you\'re in build mode and hold down shift and it still feels slow to move.