Read by Schine Suggestion: Turn off Blurry animated filter on New Main Loading Screen

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Update: Image with effect added

Hey all,
    I would like a custom main menu loading screen to go with my server and the background image is blurry then becomes clear and continues to do so, you can kinda make out a few layers(or one) moving around to distort the image. My suggestion is to remove this animated layer bit that blurs the image so we can use our own custom background for the main menu loading screen or at least have an option to do so. :)

this is what it does.....

Just wondering if others feel the same way or at least give us the option to change it without the effect.

note 1: it does this effect with the normal loading screen as well, just harder to spot cause the main screen is blurry naturally.

note 2: it really hurts my eyes, and I apologize to anyone else that is affected by this. ;)

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Just wondering if others feel the same way or at least give us the option to change it without the effect.

note 1: it does this effect with the normal loading screen as well, just harder to spot cause the main screen is blurry naturally.

note 2: it really hurts my eyes, and I apologize to anyone else that is affected by this. ;)
    I'll look into an option to change the effect. You're right, with custom screenshots it doesn't work.

If you would like a temporary method of stopping the effect, (although this would get overwritten with each update) feel free to use this attached shader alteration. Simply extract the attached file and place in the directory StarMade/data/shader/loadingscreen

Attachments

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'll look into an option to change the effect. You're right, with custom screenshots it doesn't work.

If you would like a temporary method of stopping the effect, (although this would get overwritten with each update) feel free to use this attached shader alteration. Simply extract the attached file and place in the directory StarMade/data/shader/loadingscreen
    Heya Kupu,
    Thanks and I greatly appreciate it! :) and I always keep a separate copy to re-apply till a fix is in.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

Thank you for this, I too was blowing thru the loading screen or hitting online play to open the big servers screen to get away from the headache screen.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9

And again Kupu, a huge thank you,
    this was made possible from your fix:

This is but a draft, but so far it came out pretty nice. ;)