Suggestion/question

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it possible to assign more than one weapon group to a single key? If not this is a good suggestion.

Reaction score
    Right now, all you can do is assign 1 type of weapon to a specific weapon controller, but we should have a \"Grouper Block\" per se that you can assign weapon controllers to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well thats an easy fix Neon. You just keep the power drain sperate lol. What I am talking about is how Sgt Flexx described it. You could have a system grp block or just have seperate weapon computers for each like normal, but when you set groups just just hold ctrl and hit the same number for each grp. For instance you need 4 salvage computers to group salvage guns so they can be placed next to each other, but you can only fire them seperately. If you could group certain groups like AMC,Salvage, or Missles like this it would open up even more variations is ship designs.

Reaction score
    where people place their guns is not affected by this the only thing that is is when they are fired

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think I understand what you are saying Nuclear. Where people place their guns actually does effect how a ship uses those guns. Say if you have a single weapon computer and you place 4 lines of Salvage guns that computer sees that all as one gun and one output. The only way to get a single computer to see those lines as 4 seperate guns is to have them only touching at the corners or not at all. However, to get four seperate guns and allow them all to touch or have a 2x2 block line with 7 slavage each they all need to have their own weapon computer. When you do this though they can only be fired seperately. This could be fixed say with a weapons system grouping block or a key action set.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The only way to get a single computer to see those lines as 4 seperate guns is to have them only touching at the corners or not at all

And I would like that to stay the same. I would even like to have them connect to a single group vertically (or disable all adjacent).

Because scatter-guns are imba. but I think we should wait for the new master-slave system before discussing this further.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    what you quoted could stay the same. I\'m not saying change the way the game works. I\'m saying it would be nice to have another feature to build with. Having to checker board things like salvage turrets is annoying. Where being able to use a single computer to control two cannons is nice for things like AMC\'s. That concept does not work so well with other types of weapons. What is the new master-slave system anyway? Also what is \"IMBA\"

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    IMBA = Imbalanced

Master-slave is something like this:

• AMC = Cannon
    • Slave-AMC = Stronger, higher reload time.

Basically to get 25 different setups with just 5 different block types (less clutter in the shop) and less computers too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So slaving the cannon would give you faster fire rates. If you wanted slow and heavy you would go for pulsar slaving.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I may have to make a short video explaining what I am trying to say. I do not beleave that what I am describing would be a shotgun effect. Also, that master slave chat has no bearing on what I an trying to descibe either.