Suggestion on the AMC animation

Reaction score
    It always bothers me when a super powerful amc only shoot little white dots

So this is what I suggest.

Make that beam, or whatever amc shoots, thicker and longer, based on the stats of the cannon.

The diameter of the beam should based on the damage it does, for example 1 block thicker every 50 damage

The length of the beam should based on the cool down speed of the cannon, but as least the same with it's diameter. So if your cannon have a hire fire it might looks like it's firing plasma ball, but if you have a super powerful main cannon that can't rapid fire, it might looks like it fire a super kickass laser beam.

Another method on the thickness of the beam, is to allow setting multiple amc blocks, that have no other amc blocks in front of them, to output. And the size of the beam shooting from the cannon will depense on how many amc blocks are set as output.

These are just rough ideas, the main point is to make powerful amc looks powerful. Please tell me what you think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Animations like this arnt very important compared to some issues so if that will change it will undoubtedly be very late in development (i think)

Reaction score
    This guy talks about it. Have a gander.

http://star-made.org/content/my-take-new-amc-system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like them as they are, to be honest. The only change I would suggest is change the colour.

Why?

Well, it could be supposed that anti-matter cannons work by colliding matter such as, say, electrons, with antimatter, let\'s say positrons. The actual cannon fires beams of virtual photons made real by this interaction, as well as some strange stuff that is quantum and best left ignored for sanity\'s sakes.

So, by increasing the power/speed of the collision, it would change the frequency, and thus, the wavelength decreases (because lambda=hf so wavelength is inversely proportional to frequency, ergo increasing power gives different wavelengths) and thus the colour of the photon release changes.

This would ultimately mean that, with higher power (higher frequency) shots, the anti matter pulse of visible light would from low energy, high wavelength red light to high energy, low wavelength violet light, which has more damage.

However, the low energy red light has a longer range, but the violet energy has a wider range.

White beams as we have right now realistically would be a variable energy-wavelength release, hitting multiple ones at the same time, neither being good nor bad, simply would just be hitting the bare bones of either extreme.

So, in short... Changing the settings of AMC cannons should realistically affect the colour of the energy release.

Reaction score
    there are only two flaws I see here.

the first one is merely in the phrasing. you said that red light has a \"high wavelength\" while violet has a \"low wavelength\". I assume that by high and low you mean long and short respectively? since wavelength is measured in actual length (i.e. 6.2 meters, or say 200 nanometers). if that is what you meant, then you are correct.

the second is that red spectrum light would have a longer range that violet spectrum. this is only true in atmosphere, as shorter wavelengths are more easily refracted. in a vacuum, there is nothing to refract the light, and nothing to stop it, so it would continue infinitely, or until it hit something.

otherwise you are completely correct.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, that\'s what I meant by the high and low wavelength, the magnitude of the length of the wave.

And I goofed on the range affected by the wavelength. Derp, my bad.