suggestion of a new comer.

Reaction score
    Hi, I start to post by some basic suggestions that they may have been already discuss, I eat a large amount of posts in lasts days, and I will update me with time needed. Very good game , that is the reason for my purchase an to post suggestions !

On advanced building menu :
    • A minimize button as left panel could be very usefull, because many info appear behind it (almost for reactor stability)
    • A layer section in display tab could be very good : aside enlighting a bloc type, display a list of all used block in the structure and with check/uncheck display or not the bloc type. (as layers in Gimp). then you can only display the structure / path of one block type. Talking about that, because i start directly by complex/efficient system, and when modifying, search for hole in precise compact path for multi weapons/Defense etc. (as the intergrity prevent for strings) When crossing blocks, with the actual slave enlighted, an other display, can't see anithing !
      Aside , I read about promote game, Videos I saw on starmade are weak in information for 1h of play, such add could allow very good shorten tutorial videos, i think it is a lake for this game (as I don't want to watch a guy during 1 hour to say the same things as officials videos with only dress is ship)
    • The recent copy fonction is pretty cool,
      • copy is quite "In Game hardly", display a grid with dots in corner to select the two points corner in 2 clicks could be very easy !
      • to past it , need a corner to past it ! I copy mainly rounded templates, and each time, have to take time to put a pillar in avoid corner to past. (So even the exemple of official video is "hard to past" !). A drag and put could solve this problem : When pasting , click on a surface, maintain click, then you can slide your template on the two axes of surface, at release, past occur. Then you can past on center of circle (just have to calibrate), aiming for the good position on each case.
      • A "cut" could be very good ! Just to erase a selection, or to modify quickly kind situation as need of extend in the middle of structure, Have to take away from somes meters this place, etc...
      • a option "slave herited from extrernal". actually when copiyng, link is keeped if slave and master is in copy, but not if i copy past my chesterboard of canon (with the computer out of the copy) pretty good because it is canon + salvaage , so there is 2 link to preserve (and reset actually)...

General ergonomic :
    • ship keep moving (keep the lasts unwanted movements of mouse) when exit ships, then now When i Exit a shipe I take veryyy care to not move mouse when exiting ship, and even whit that, there is so many time where I have to go back in ship to stop a few rotating or lasts few forwards.
    • where is up, where is buttom ? display axes on mini map could help to "retreive north".
    • Ctrl don't do anything out of building, however mouse could be very uselefull to right click on target and : lock, mark, and many option i don't play still enough to say. i lost so many asteroid because searching an ennemie, or false truster drive me a little far away... mark them could be usefull (and a last known position for ships)
    • I'am sure that is a know thing : you can resize and move windows, but can't keep them on the screen (while interact with background game), that's vey uncofortable in many situations :
      • inventory disappear when trading (have to use the seal button, empty their cash, go to buy, then, reseal other stuff, etc...)
      • Here too have to exit windows sometimes to stop an unwanted movement of ship.
      • Very hard to transfert object from inventory to personnal cargo ! actually , i drop , open other inventory and carry again. A separate window could resole that.
      • Aside : wheelmouse on info window in trading window make text scrolling horizontally, not vertically, so I never read the end of longest desc.
    Gameplay :
    • No connected parts of entity are quite weird, and seems quite easy to implement a solution. I actually play with a big skeletton I premade to fill in efficiency after test and others, but cross sectors with a big missing part in middle (no joined) could be avoid. When building a ship, prevent to leave mod if a part is not connect (even an edge...) As I do a big skeleton who is very easy, only a straight line of block (to maintain integrity ?!?) could do the trick and give a good gameplay aspect.
      Same things on asteroid, as AI mainly cut first it in two parts. see it derivate in such state is quite pity. Same for little blocks missed around.
      If separate entity is possible, all tear parts could have their place with some kind of definition :
      If SmallerMass < 200 then
      • If SmallerMass*3 > BiggerMass then
        Temporary.asteroid=SmallerMass
        • If sector.mass.asteroid / Sector.Distance.asteroid > (Current.mass.asteroid - Temporary.asteroid ) / empty blocks then
          goto sector.asteroid=Target exit
          goto Current.asteroid=Target
          speed = mass.target / distance.target >> cut/past blocks.temporary.asteroid on Target at colision
    • else
      New.Asteroid=SmallerMass
    And some classics, I'am sur was already very discussed :
    • I got used to free colision, but with actual AI, may be impossible to count it ! even some shield damages could do the trick.
      talking about AI, there is no way to give us a false wall about 5/10 blocs of structures to not hurt them (and me) continually... it's annoying to have to stop ship every 5 seconds because they hurt you always, an always.... As a bubble where they don't go in, and lightly rebounce on it . think could help, waiting better, to find their path (because rebounce to 45° and not 90, so they don't repeat again and again exactly same path).
    • groups in Fleets/ individual orders on members, fine targets for turrets and chips ( less/more HP, Shield, speed, mass, power, weapon) and a care of drones.
    • Movement : I can't turn on me on forward axe (to align my massive ship on "guild pillar station") a shortcut for hat could be very good !
      I'm feeling playing to first spaceware game with a brake. take in account orientation of thrusters modules could be very good to plan altittude capacities, and/or place thrusters on front of ship to set the brake capacity, (powerfull brake).

Hoping finding more info on "universe update", I appreciate all comments, even for "suggests state udpates".

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hi, I start to post by some basic suggestions that they may have been already discuss, I eat a large amount of posts in lasts days, and I will update me with time needed. Very good game , that is the reason for my purchase an to post suggestions !

Hoping finding more info on "universe update", I appreciate all comments, even for "suggests state udpates".
    Welcome! I'll take a look at some of these....

A layer section in display tab could be very good : aside enlighting a bloc type, display a list of all used block in the structure and with check/uncheck display or not the bloc type. (as layers in Gimp). then you can only display the structure / path of one block type.

This is really clever!
    It might be difficult to implement, but I understand pretty much exactly what you mean and I can definitely see how it could be useful. Nobody to my knowledge has thought of doing this before.

The recent copy fonction is pretty cool,
    • copy is quite "In Game hardly", display a grid with dots in corner to select the two points corner in 2 clicks could be very easy !
    • to past it , need a corner to past it ! I copy mainly rounded templates, and each time, have to take time to put a pillar in avoid corner to past. (So even the exemple of official video is "hard to past" !). A drag and put could solve this problem : When pasting , click on a surface, maintain click, then you can slide your template on the two axes of surface, at release, past occur. Then you can past on center of circle (just have to calibrate), aiming for the good position on each case.
    • A "cut" could be very good ! Just to erase a selection, or to modify quickly kind situation as need of extend in the middle of structure, Have to take away from somes meters this place, etc...
    • a option "slave herited from extrernal". actually when copiyng, link is keeped if slave and master is in copy, but not if i copy past my chesterboard of canon (with the computer out of the copy) pretty good because it is canon + salvaage , so there is 2 link to preserve (and reset actually)...
    These also feel like smart ideas and could make build-mode better.

where is up, where is buttom ? display axes on mini map could help to "retreive north".
    A small unobtrusive HUD navball, similar to what Kerbal Space Program has, would be pretty useful for keeping oriented.

Thanks for posting this, you may be on to something.

Reaction score
    hooo.. discover [Alt] to turn on Z axis, lol, but not working for player movement.

actually Wheelmouse clic on bloc select it in hotbar,
    [CTRL]+wheelmouse clic on block : select shape of current bloc in hotbar could be a very very good shortcut !
    2 in it become powerfull.

the weapons dev release, with recoil, thinking to hydrolics system who amortize artillery fire.
    In Game : Put barrel of turret on a one way rail facing sight, going in abutment, when shooting power make barrel step back on the rail minimizing a little recoil, then the direction of rail make the "docked barrel" forward to abutment. that's almost already implemented !
    That's will give a very good visual effect, don't know for balance.
    Large ship could gain stability by spending some square more of blocks to minimize recoil !

There is some missing in docking that's prevent me to create complex management of drones ( or multiple docked entities) :
    • Actually we can detect presence on rails docking side, but there is no way docked entity side. I mean use wireless do all drones with the same receptor reciving signal. So can't make the one who is at this position perform an action individually. Some solutions (docked side):
      • link rail docker with rail blocks and button send signal when rail docker pass above "V" rails...
      • Add or modify module zone (who detect player presence) to detect blocs presence.
    • docking by logic to a second rail generate error even if not moving and in a correct place. I mean to transfert docked entity to a rail A to a rail B without being undocked.
      Aside, for big gates and others 2 rail (same path) at opposite side, allow this could reduce lowering speed by mass and is visually more pleasant.
    • Is it really impossible to allow pickup point to be switched with/as others ?
      Aside could be a good think to prevent unexpected docking by logics..

I talk about separate translation movement with thrusters and rotation by other module or just by offset and apply physics on thrusters on the Last weekly QA, who i think could give a very good dimension of thrusting and navigation but to go back to docking :
    "Turret dock type" should have aside fleet, ship, turret,... THRUSTER. Then the "turret" move in the opposite direction of the directive movement ask by player and apply thruster to docker (and e/s). could give a bonus of rotation, brake (only when thrusters come close to good direction).