Suggestion: Hyper Jump

Reaction score
    ~ Hyper Jump ~

# HOW IT WORKS #

1. The "Hyper Jump" is not a ship ability, you have to add it as block (like shields, thrusters, tec..)

2. It have a range and delay attributes (if you use it too early or too hard it will explode ignoring your ship shields and causing huge damages to your ship)

3. Can be equiped in the "abilities" bar in flighht mode (like docking and weapons)

4. When selected it will show a control window where you have to write the sector you want to travel to.. (example: 0,6,3)

5. After you selected the sector you want to travel to, you will *teleport (with a classig tunnel effect) to the chosen sector.

# ATTRIBUTES & STATISTICS #

1. When equipped, a new bar will be visible over (or under) the sips's powel level

2. This new bar will increase at 1 bar/s (only when the power bar level is at his max capacity), otherwise it will decrease at 0.5 bar/s.

If you start an hyper jump when his bar is not at full capacity, all Hyper jump block will explode end drain all your ship's power level to 0

3. 1 Hyper Jump Block can travel trought 2 sectors MAX. If you chose to travel to a farther sector ..all Hyper jump block will explode end drain all your ship's power level to 0

4. Adding more HyperJump Blocks will increase the "max sectrors travel number"

# VIDEOS and PICTURES (examples) #

1. Hyper Jump effect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvnk9dcqVbA

2. Block Texture: http://saba1192.altervista.org/Images/Games/Starmade/hyperjump.gif

3. Traversable Sector calc: http://saba1192.altervista.org/Images/Games/Starmade/hyperjumpMath.jpg

Reaction score
    it\'s not that no one cares.
    it\'s just the fact that this or things like this have been suggested a few hundred times.

i admire your approach tough. you are one of the few people who actually put some effort and tought in this.

most people just say \"NEW SUGGETSION!!1!\" in the post title.Text: \"add warp plz!\"

Reaction score
    Its not that we don\'t care, we all want some form of fast travel...

The problem is pretty much every conceivable variation has been suggested and discussed in hundreds if not thousands (by now I have no idea what the count is) of posts, each in a new thread. Your idea isn\'t bad, its good, its just lost in the sea if FTL suggestions

Reaction score
    did you actually make the design for the hyper block?

it\'s really impressive in my opinion.

i\'d have used some darker colours tough to hint the usage of super-dense materials (dark or strange matter(yep i know that strange matter doesn\'t actually have to be super dense(isn\'t it antisuperdense?)))

the hyper block allone seems a bit too...hm...easy.
    i mean it\'s one thing to bend space. but how do you make sure you won\'t crash into an asteroid or a planet/sun? we would need some form of hyperjump-cpu\'s to make sure we won\'t end up in someone\'s left nostril;)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It isnt that no one cares, it is just that we all want a faster transport system, and are fed up with seeing them in the recent posts. This is a really well thought out version, with a texture! Perhaps 2 sectors for 1 block is a little under powered, as that is still in navigation menu range. Perhaps a 10 sectors for 1 block, and then an additional 2 sectors per block, that gradually deteriates, so that there is a limit to how far any ship can jump. Also, I like the idea of a gradual power store deteriation, but this could provide power to the rest of the ship, so it is used like a tank that will return power to the ship slowly if it is not full.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Also note that the hard part is the collision detection. At the moment there\'s a \"/change_sector\' admin command, that allows you to accidentally teleport a ship into the middle of another ship and crash the server. It\'d be like that, except everyone will be allowed to crash the server (not just admins)...